Storm Arwen

Heartland

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Fortunately we drove down to the boat yesterday. Just hoping the house in Aberdeen will still be there on return. Aberdeen airport forecast is for surface wind gusting up to 65kts (nearly 75mph).

We had gusts of about half that last night

16 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Fortunately we drove down to the boat yesterday. Just hoping the house in Aberdeen will still be there on return. Aberdeen airport forecast is for surface wind gusting up to 65kts (nearly 75mph).

It is a bit of a worry. Its nearly a four minute walk to the pub each way. Hope not to be dodging flying roof slates.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Its red wind now, bit like a Boxing Day Leftover Sprout Storm.

One thing to watch for folks living aboard is to keep your stoves turned down almost fully as the wind will strengthen overnight as it moves down the country.

Not if you've a drip feed diesel; then you'll need to turn it up a notch or too.

5 hours ago, J R ALSOP said:

Gentle breeze and sunshine here in Hemel Hempstead

It's even calmer here (a little south of you.) Wind E, between 1 - 5 mph, temp 3.1 c. It's tough down here.

In the time taken to type this wind has veered to W then backed to NE. In fact it's all over the place. 

Just now, TheBiscuits said:

I hope you are registered as a data controller ...

The recent ruling was that any images from beyond your property boundary - like this one! - are subject to data protection laws.

Been into all that.

And if you notice the neighbours cameras over look our property. The bright pins of light you can see is the IR light from their cameras.

If somebody passing our property requests that I delete any images I may have of them I will happiliy oblige.

People in our neighbourhood, are pretty sensible and appreciate we keep a look out for each other.

9 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

I hope you are registered as a data controller ...

The recent ruling was that any images from beyond your property boundary - like this one! - are subject to data protection laws.

Not all is as the media would like you to believe Fairhurst v Woodard Judgment (judiciary.uk)