HVO how do I get some?

dmr

Featured Posts

I really want to move to HVO.

I suspect we got another batch of not too perfect diesel in the summer, I have had the injectors out twice to clean them and now we are all smokey again, I suspect HVO will be a good investment.

Initially I want to get 20litres just to test it, then I will need about 400litres.

How do I actually get the stuff????

I thought the local fuel wholesaler would help, but its always "will be ready next week" and its just not happening.

How do I get 20litres? and how do I get 200litre drums delivered?

Loads of companies on the WWW say they have it and its wonderful stuff, but don't appear keen to actually supply such "small" quantities.

Who has actually done this?

I am currently in Todmorden (Yorkshire).

I want 20litres to test even though its called a "drop in" replacement because we have a JD3 and the injection pump is running right on the limits of its idle speed, so a small change in density/viscosity might just upset it.

11 minutes ago, MtB said:

Do these two retailers sell it dispensed into jerry cans to random callers? 

Usually, yes, especially if you have a business, you will have to provide a few details for their records(boat number, name and postcode, or registration of vehicle if collecting for a business or for use on a boat/generator/groundkeeping or forestry equipment etc.)

1 hour ago, dmr said:

Dear Santa,

I really want to move to HVO.

I suspect we got another batch of not too perfect diesel in the summer, I have had the injectors out twice to clean them and now we are all smokey again, I suspect HVO will be a good investment.

Initially I want to get 20litres just to test it, then I will need about 400litres.

How do I actually get the stuff????

I thought the local fuel wholesaler would help, but its always "will be ready next week" and its just not happening.

How do I get 20litres? and how do I get 200litre drums delivered?

Loads of companies on the WWW say they have it and its wonderful stuff, but don't appear keen to actually supply such "small" quantities.

Who has actually done this?

I am currently in Todmorden (Yorkshire).

I want 20litres to test even though its called a "drop in" replacement because we have a JD3 and the injection pump is running right on the limits of its idle speed, so a small change in density/viscosity might just upset it.
Thank you, David 

😃

there you go

👍

15 minutes ago, MtB said:

Do these two retailers sell it dispensed into jerry cans to random callers? 

The marina should be able to, dunno about Crown. Our local fuel supplier (Craggs Energy) can't fill a can, they are planning to install some sort of pump but its just not happening. I hope they will do a 200litre drum but am still working on that. The roads round here can be challenging for bigger vehicles and Craggs know how to cope, but they are geared up for much bigger quantities.

8 minutes ago, wandering snail said:

Crown won't supply small amounts and Nth Kilworth  is presumably too far away. It is like an echo chamber on here sometimes!

Have you spoken to Crown? I was going to phone them in the morning.

The forum has done its stuff and I now have two offers from members who will be passing a suitable marina in the near future, just need to confirm that these will sell into a jerry can..

13 hours ago, dmr said:

Have you spoken to Crown? I was going to phone them in the morning.

The forum has done its stuff and I now have two offers from members who will be passing a suitable marina in the near future, just need to confirm that these will sell into a jerry can..

Less than 500L was not possible when I spoke to them last but will be interested to hear what they say.

9 minutes ago, Steilsteven said:

https://hvofuels.co.uk/

Nationwide deliveries and they do 20 litre fuel box, 200 litre drums, 1000 litre IBC or bulk at 500+ litres

Keith

Have you dealt with them or just looked at the website?

I am starting to think that this "fuelbox" thing is what a computer person would call "VapourWare". The best I have found so far is collection only from Bournemouth.

The "get a quote button" starts at 500litres.

I suspect they are just middlemen passing business on to the usual fuel wholesalers????    but will phone them tomoro if I don't get anywhere with Crown.

I've been using them for a couple of years now for bulk deliveries and received my first delivery of HVO back in September.

Yes the quote button is just for bulk orders, for anything else it is best to either email or phone them.

I've always found them very helpful, unlike most other suppliers.

Keith

38 minutes ago, Steilsteven said:

I've been using them for a couple of years now for bulk deliveries and received my first delivery of HVO back in September.

Yes the quote button is just for bulk orders, for anything else it is best to either email or phone them.

I've always found them very helpful, unlike most other suppliers.

Keith

Thanks, will phone them tomoro.

Are you buying this for your own private use, as a business customer, or are you reselling it?

Crown will not sell diesel direct to users, only to re-sellers, this makes sense as I assume it removes some of the HMRC admin burden.

49 minutes ago, redwing said:

Speedy Hire website suggests they will deliver 20litre fuelbox. No indication of prices though https://www.speedyservices.com/hvo-fuel

I will investigate. Are Speedy Fuels and Speedy Hire the same company I wonder??. Fuelbox is an expensive way to buy fuel but I could cope for a 20l sample.

Fuelbox website gave Speedy Hire in Halifax as a supplier but their phone is not working, suspect they have gone.

I think some hire companies are using FuelBox to sell diesel to people hiring generators etc, I phoned a couple but they do standard red, not HVO.

13 hours ago, dmr said:

I will investigate. Are Speedy Fuels and Speedy Hire the same company I wonder??. Fuelbox is an expensive way to buy fuel but I could cope for a 20l sample.

Fuelbox website gave Speedy Hire in Halifax as a supplier but their phone is not working, suspect they have gone.

I think some hire companies are using FuelBox to sell diesel to people hiring generators etc, I phoned a couple but they do standard red, not HVO.

Speedy is owned by Crown. Will be interested to read if and where you succeed.

21 minutes ago, wandering snail said:

Speedy is owned by Crown. Will be interested to read if and where you succeed.

A lot of the fuel companies have some similarities in their websites, maybe all use the same website builder or maybe lots of them own each other??????. Speedy look to be a slightly strange company.

1 hour ago, dmr said:

A lot of the fuel companies have some similarities in their websites, maybe all use the same website builder or maybe lots of them own each other??????. Speedy look to be a slightly strange company.

Crown is a group of suppliers according to this: https://www.crownoil.co.uk/news/star-oil-joins-the-crown-oil-group/