Oil change beta43

Featured Posts

14 hours ago, system 4-50 said:

My Beta43 had a pump but I preferred to use a Pela.

Pretty please, why?

If it's because you bang your knickles, or pinch your fingers - then I understand.

The a dvantage of the Beta arraangement is that all of the oil gets extracted.

1 hour ago, OldGoat said:

Pretty please, why?

If it's because you bang your knickles, or pinch your fingers - then I understand.

The a dvantage of the Beta arraangement is that all of the oil gets extracted.

Well,if you insist on sitting astride the engine,you will get your knickels banged!  😞

• Happy 1

Useful things, I had a little electric suction pump that was great for cars where there was a fiddly plastic shroud under the engine that covered the sump plug. Perhaps if I had bought  the cheap one instead of the really, really cheap version it would still work.

2 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

2 litre plastic jug. Empty into old oil (plastic) can. Repeat as necessary.

Can be a bit awkward, depending on installation. When I do an oil change, I have to hold the receiving container in place with one hand, while pumping with the other. If I needed a hand to support myself, a Pela or similar would be the way to go.

32 minutes ago, Iain_S said:

Can be a bit awkward, depending on installation. When I do an oil change, I have to hold the receiving container in place with one hand, while pumping with the other.

Put a short length of hose onto the sump pump outlet, that can be led into your receiving container 

• Greenie 1

40 minutes ago, Iain_S said:

Can be a bit awkward, depending on installation. When I do an oil change, I have to hold the receiving container in place with one hand, while pumping with the other. If I needed a hand to support myself, a Pela or similar would be the way to go.

I have a piece of ½" hose  about 1-" long that I put on the pump spout to sit in the top of a5Lt oil can I used for the last oil change which stands on the engine room floor. Still needs well over 50 strokes of the pump

Edited by ditchcrawler
  • Greenie 1