Elton Moss

AndyE

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Norm55 said:

2 pages into this thread and yet very little relevant replies to the OP question.   Well,  are they any good ?  

As DC implies they are the best boats money can buy, obviously. Whey should they be any different to all the others? 

1 hour ago, Norm55 said:

2 pages into this thread and yet very little relevant replies to the OP question.   Well,  are they any good ?  

Unfortunately the thread was derailed early on by a pointless and totally irellavent reference to the fact that they paint their name on the boat. Like some other builders do. That seemed to set the trend for the rest of the thread.

I guess by default the fact that there seems to be a lack of horror stories about build quality and finish its reasonable to assume they are a decent boat. This doesnt apply to all builders.

11 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I guess by default the fact that there seems to be a lack of horror stories about build quality and finish its reasonable to assume they are a decent boat. This doesnt apply to all builders.

Yes, perhaps no news is good news.

On 19/11/2021 at 23:36, AndyE said:

Any experience of Elton Moss? Both positive and negative views would be much appreciated. 

Only caveat to my request: I’ve heard all the Eton Mess gags that I need to, thanks. 

I have not got one myself but I know two boats and their owners and been on their boats. I like both of them they seem good value to me in comparison to other builders.  Both owners really like their boats and one has had theirs for nearly 10 years.

I guess you cannot expect all the bells, whistles or traditional features of some builders but what you do get seems well executed.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, churchward said:

I have not got one myself but I know two boats and their owners and been on their boats. I like both of them they seem good value to me in comparison to other builders.  Both owners really like their boats and one has had theirs for nearly 10 years.

I guess you cannot expect all the bells, whistles or traditional features of some builders but what you do get seems well executed.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

2 hours ago, AndyE said:

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

Your welcome.

You may have already since this but worth a look if you have not.  I think there boat has some extras from the basic price but t gives an idea of a recently launched Elton Moss boat.

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, churchward said:

Your welcome.

You may have already since this but worth a look if you have not.  I think there boat has some extras from the basic price but t gives an idea of a recently launched Elton Moss boat.

Didnt they sell after 1 trip out onto the canal to buy a widebeam......

No, wrong bloggers.

Edited by matty40s

4 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Didnt they sell after 1 trip out onto the canal to buy a widebeam......

No they still have it. You must be thinking of someone else.

Sorry, I see you have already realised and corrected yourself.

Edited by churchward

2 hours ago, churchward said:

Your welcome.

Hadn't seen it - so many thanks. 

• 5 months later...

Just picked up my new Elton Mos / Northwich Boat Company NB from Kings Lock this week and delighted with it so far. Ok, yes have only done 7 hours....

Two months late but guess thats normal in todays world and a few things to go on snagging list but no quibbles when i raised them.   Overall finish is good   a few comments but PM me if you are considering one.