Ribble link booking 2022

narrowboatmike

Featured Posts

We went over in summer 2019, the bookings slots were made available early December 2018 if I remember correctly.  I don’t think you need to panic, they did not in general book up so if you are flexible with dates, which you really have to be as you may not go on the date booked anyway, there should be no problem.

3 minutes ago, john6767 said:

We went over in summer 2019, the bookings slots were made available early December 2018 if I remember correctly.  I don’t think you need to panic, they did not in general book up so if you are flexible with dates, which you really have to be as you may not go on the date booked anyway, there should be no problem.

Thanks John, great news. We had intended spending last summer on the Lancaster 

but everything else got in the way, so really looking forward to 2022, Mike.

Look at the transit/tide tables they publish.  If you want minimum hassle, book the first day transit on a four or five day window on a high spring tide.

If the weather is off on your booked day you'll likely go the day after.  You've much less chance of getting diverted to Preston Marina and you'll get through approximately when you've booked if you can't do it on the day requested.

3 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Look at the transit/tide tables they publish.  If you want minimum hassle, book the first day transit on a four or five day window on a high spring tide.

If the weather is off on your booked day you'll likely go the day after.  You've much less chance of getting diverted to Preston Marina and you'll get through approximately when you've booked if you can't do it on the day requested.

Thanks for the information. I do like to be prepared , I don't know why I get anxious about it, the bloody thing only goes 4 mph.

On 19/11/2021 at 23:45, narrowboatmike said:

Thanks for the information. I do like to be prepared , I don't know why I get anxious about it, the bloody thing only goes 4 mph.

If it only goes at 4mph (in deep water), that's too slow to be allowed to use the Ribble Link... 😉

2 hours ago, IanD said:

If it only goes at 4mph (in deep water), that's too slow to be allowed to use the Ribble Link... 😉

I exaggerated the speed trying to make the point of possible unnecessary worry as apposed to 

driving a car at 70 mph , if that makes any sense. It's a 2 yr old 38 hp canal line so it

had bloody better go faster than 4 mph. Thanks for the info though, mike