New fuel boat?

MichaelG

Featured Posts

7 hours ago, Dave Payne said:

Did she spend time working on a fuel boat last summer though, im sure she is fully aware of the life ahead.

It is very different in the winter.

I've lost track about how many people have told me they'd love my job in July, but come February they will only talk to me through their window as I drop their coal off when the canals frozen and it's blowing a strong wind.

11 hours ago, Liam said:

It is very different in the winter.

I've lost track about how many people have told me they'd love my job in July, but come February they will only talk to me through their window as I drop their coal off when the canals frozen and it's blowing a strong wind.

Well said. You all deserve every penny you get. I oft recall Mark on Dusty on the saarff Oxford a few years ago over a couple of proper winters. He would fight his way through anything time after time to deliver to us liveaboards, often in the middle of nowhere. If he couldnt get there by boat ( not very often as he smashed the ice usualy ) he would pile his old saab with coal etc and drag it down the towpath to you from the nearest road.

• Greenie 2