New fuel boat?

MichaelG

Featured Posts

Yes, she does also have a website but not much information on there except a collection of photographs. I guess there will be a lot of work to do before she is up and running, not least of which will of course be preparing the boat and getting it all signed off as safe.

I'm puzzled. She says that after she lost her job she had to sell her boat - presumably because she was boracic. So how on earth could she afford to splash out on what must have been a very expensive historic boat?

I assume that she is Emma Bird, the B in B&W Fuels.  The W is a man called Kevin Wheal, perhaps he's put up the money.

Edited by Athy

1 hour ago, Athy said:

I'm puzzled. She says that after she lost her job she had to sell her boat - presumably because she was boracic. So how on earth could she afford to splash out on what must have been a very expensive historic boat?

I assume that she is Emma Bird, the B in B&W Fuels.  The W is a man called Kevin Wheal, perhaps he's put up the money.

Brassic?

Or is boracic the proper spullin sir

3 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Brassic?

Or is boracic the proper spullin sir

The Irvine Welsh novels of the '90's have made brassic an acceptable spelling and use of a word to mean having no money, though the spill chucker on my gadget disagrees. Mind you, it doesn't like boracic either, which is a more main stream English, rather than dialect word and shows a rather sparse vocabulary.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

The Irvine Welsh novels of the '90's have made brassic an acceptable spelling and use of a word to mean having no money, though the spill chucker on my gadget disagrees. Mind you, it doesn't like boracic either, which is a more main stream English, rather than dialect word and shows a rather sparse vocabulary.

Well I learn something new every day, I struggled with Irving Welsh I admit

1 minute ago, tree monkey said:

Well I learn something new every day, I struggled with Irving Welsh I admit

Short for brassic lint (skint) if I remember right. @TheBiscuits beat me to it. Boracic is another name for Boric Acid apparently.

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies
  • Greenie 1

15 minutes ago, matty40s said:

There is something strange about this, its supposed to be working with Tadcaster which is now part of Jules Fuels, but not working with Jules??

Anyhow, I dont think they will last the Winter having just moved off a very 2010ish all mod cons boat.

Tadworth, paired with Bordesley :)

I reckon @AndrewGVT may be in the know.

Edited by Liam

44 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

boracic lint = skint

Absolutely correct.

Gosh, look what I've started. I'll just say "povvo" next time.

As for "brassic", definitely not, unless you're referring to cabbages, broccoli and the like.

2 hours ago, matty40s said:

There is something strange about this, its supposed to be working with Tadcaster which is now part of Jules Fuels, but not working with Jules??

Anyhow, I dont think they will last the Winter having just moved off a very 2010ish all mod cons boat.

Glad to see that you are being your usual "positive" self:help:

Edited by David Schweizer

29 minutes ago, Iain_S said:

Edinburgh dialect?

Like creche for an RTC and sex for what the coal comes in?

You must know some posh Edinburgh people. When I heard the joke, two Scottish widow ladies were discussing their lives following the loss of their husbands. The first asked "What do you do about sex?" The second replied, "About sex I have a cup of tea."

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Evans said:

You must know some posh Edinburgh people. When I heard the joke, two Scottish widow ladies were discussing their lives following the loss of their husbands. The first asked "What do you do about sex?" The second replied, "About sex I have a cup of tea."

The version I heard was "What are the rates like in Edinburgh" to which the second replied "Oh we don't have any rates, just a few mice..."

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, matty40s said:

Did she spend time working on a fuel boat last summer though, im sure she is fully aware of the life ahead.