Which Adapters For Washing Machine

Featured Posts

That's a 32mm waste so really what you want doesn't exist and that's a 32mm version of this.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-hose-connector-40mm/48625

However with one of these

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-st28m-straight-connector-white-32mm-x-40mm/95260

And a short length of 32mm pipe you should be able to make it work.

50 minutes ago, Loddon said:

That's a 32mm waste so really what you want doesn't exist and that's a 32mm version of this.

However with one of these

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-st28m-straight-connector-white-32mm-x-40mm/95260

And a short length of 32mm pipe you should be able to make it work.

Thanks for the advice really appreciated. I realised this and decided to remove the existing elbow and start from scratch, however it appears to be well and truly stuck and I can't figure out what's still holding it on?  

The seals are all loose/removed and even after some hefty whacks with a mallet it isn't budging. Even tried wd-40 for good effect. It's connected to a metal pipe by some kind of magic as far as I can see. Really needs changing now because I don't trust it after hitting it hard anymore 😂

IMG_20211114_150353.jpg

Just hacksaw and cut it off it’s only plastic. If you can’t find a suitable connection with a horsetail for the washing machine outlet pipe, then just blank it off and put in a new skin fitting through the Hull.

2D003A28-688E-4CC2-B68A-EDA205F971CF.jpeg

Ah see you have. 

Edited by PD1964

19 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Just hacksaw and cut it off it’s only plastic. If you can’t find a suitable connection with a horsetail for the washing machine outlet pipe, then just blank it off and put in a new skin fitting through the Hull.

Ah see you have. 

Yes the hacksaw was on standby, managed to knock it back and forth enough until it came off in the end.

I need to go to screwfix again in the morning for the new elbow but picked this up when I was there earlier thinking I could just connect this to the existing one.

So now I need a compression fitting for the metal pipe with threads the other end for the above. This is where I find out these don't exist knowing my luck 😂

If you can’t get a compression joint to fit that pipe, would you consider cleaning the pipe out and putting a pipe through the hole if the internal diameter is big enough and sealing it in with a good flexible waterproof adhesive? I know not the perfect solution but could save time.

I wouldn’t fit a trap as it’s only a outlet for a washing machine, most just go straight out the boat.

Edited by PD1964

2 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

If you can’t get a compression joint to fit that pipe, would you consider cleaning the pipe out and putting a pipe through the hole if the internal diameter is big enough and sealing it in with a good flexible waterproof adhesive? I know not the perfect solution but could save time.

Might be an idea if I can't get anything to fit. From the looks of it the previous one had lots of plumbers mate or similar to make the seal with the plastic compression fitting. If I clean it off and do the same fingers crossed I'll be alright.

If you could clean the pipe out, not knowing the internal diameter you may get a piece of 15/22mm pipe bonded in and you could fit a speed fit hose tail on that would attach to your washing machine outlet hose. 

https://www.jtmplumbing.co.uk/john-guest-speedfit-c432/john-guest-speedfit-fittings-c167/john-guest-speedfit-hose-connector-p3466

I know not perfect solution, but sometimes trying to fit old imperial pipe sizes to modern metric is a bit difficult to get perfect. Good luck.

2 hours ago, PD1964 said:

Ah see you have. 

Looks like a piece of pipe welded to the hull to me. If I was doing another boat I wouldn't use those brass penetrations again.

4 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Looks like a piece of pipe welded to the hull to me. If I was doing another boat I wouldn't use those brass penetrations again.

So what would you use? 
A piece of pipe welded to the hull or a brass/bronze screw skin fitting like the one in the picture like most builders fit these days?

• 2 weeks later...

You will need to refit a 32 mm elbow then increase the size to 40 mm to take a standard washing machine waste tail (with jubilee clip)

Screwfix items may help as below

5689p

9615v cut up for a short bit of pipe

For the water connections remove the pipe caps and fit washing machine taps. Plenty to chose from at screwfix, try and use ones you can fix to the wall