Anyone passing Barrowford Locks?

LadyG

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, Jim Riley said:

I'd like to give a shout for Craftinsure too, my survey expired, couldn't get to dry dock last year, gave them a call and they still insured me for another year, extra £60. 

I'm on my way to Castleford Boatyard now, for a survey and epoxy blacking, job sorted. 

Say hello to Shayne for me Jim, I am there in July, just more keelblack for me on top of the Zinga 

On 27/04/2022 at 20:29, Jon57 said:

What excess do they charge now if you don't mind me asking as I'm due to renew end of this month. Thanks 

It's your choice of excess, unfortunately I chose £400, cos I have rarely had any claims over my many adult years.

I've lost my no claims bonus, but at the moment I'm paying about £144 per annum, I believe this is due to boat being some twenty two years old, so capital value half a new craft.

I've not really looked at the policy in detail.

Edited by LadyG

On 27/04/2022 at 22:28, peterboat said:

Say hello to Shayne for me Jim, I am there in July, just more keelblack for me on top of the Zinga 

Will do @peterboat, only just picked up your post, dropped boat off yesterday. Will be going over when surveyor visits. 

• Greenie 1

22 hours ago, peterboat said:

Hope it all goes well Jim  the two pack should last you out shouldn't it? 🤣🤣🤣

Well, at least till next survey due, I read here that if boat is continually insured with craftinsure they allow 7 years between survey. Which would be good, makes the cost stack up, instead of self blacking in a drydock every two years.  

• Greenie 1