Anyone passing Barrowford Locks?

LadyG

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, dmr said:

If i'm outside doing boat jobs I reckon about 25% of towpath pedestrians stop for a little chat and a few questions.

MrsBiscuit takes the biscuit on that one. 

We were moored next to Ben's Piano Raft a few years ago, and she was sawing a couple of bits of trim on the towpath.  Every single person that was passing stopped and was asking her about her woodwork skills and the boat.

It wasn't until the fourth one that she realised they thought she was building the crazy Piano Raft!

21.09.17.jpg

• Haha 1

I think I would be quite honored if somebody thought I had built that.

I think we saw this on the L&L somewhere between Liverpool and Wigan several years ago but it was much smaller then??

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

MrsBiscuit takes the biscuit on that one. 

We were moored next to Ben's Piano Raft a few years ago, and she was sawing a couple of bits of trim on the towpath.  Every single person that was passing stopped and was asking her about her woodwork skills and the boat.

It wasn't until the fourth one that she realised they thought she was building the crazy Piano Raft!

21.09.17.jpg

Yea, saw this at Saltaire too.

Next time I saw it was at Apply Bridge clinging to the offside bank and threatening to collapse. 

1 hour ago, dmr said:

think I would be quite honored if somebody thought I had built that.

You wouldn’t after a closer look 🧐

There will always be problems and repairs with things like cars, motorhomes and boats. When your boat is also your home it does become more important to get it right. But sometimes getting it right doesn't always happen. We have had problems with our boat since purchasing it last October. Despite having a full survey, a recent engine service and a new BSS. We've had an electrical problem which took 3 days to work out from the bodge rewiring to get around a symptom of the problem and a further 1½ days to put it right, not including waiting for a spare part. 2 of the covers have to remain in place as the rain pisses down through them. Plus a list of other niggling problems that we have found but life is never as lovely and predictable as the movies. We get over these problems and reflect on the good days.

• Greenie 1

25 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Yea, saw this at Saltaire too.

Next time I saw it was at Apply Bridge clinging to the offside bank and threatening to collapse. 

You wouldn’t after a closer look 🧐

Yes we saw it up there couldn't believe what we saw!

1 minute ago, TheBiscuits said:

Yes, Jo is now safely at the boatyard.

Massive thanks to @Chagall who very kindly lent me a boat to just tow Jo without having to mess about with a temporary rudder.

And for the infinite coffee supply, the breakfast and most of all the company.  It was a real pleasure to meet you in person.

Top Work.....take it the tunnel went without incident?

2 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Massive thanks to @Chagall who very kindly lent me a boat to just tow Jo without having to mess about with a temporary rudder.

And for the infinite coffee supply, the breakfast and most of all the company.  It was a real pleasure to meet you in person.

Well done that man / men.

Just now, TheBiscuits said:

All apart from me possibly suffering from a touch of red/green deficiency ... :giggles:

I usually pass colour blindness tests

ahhh well!!! Thought it might take longer than one light cycle!....knowing my luck Id have met a wide beam!

20 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Well done to both of you getting Lady Gs boat to the boatyard. You are a pair of heros

• Greenie 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Chagall said:

Well, this is one time I will admit to being female. 🙂  It was very instructional, if a tad stressful. I took the tiller occasionally to get the feel for working two boats, and No it wasn't the time we ended up in the trees!  A wide beam had moored on a bend! 

Good to meet you too Mr Biscuit. I look forward to seeing you both sometime. 

Well done for helping. I seemed to recall quite a lot of forum friction between you and jo, but maybe things were better in the flesh (as they usually are!).

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

Well done, if your weather was like ours it was a good day for it

Edited by ditchcrawler

59 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Well done for helping. I seemed to recall quite a lot of forum friction between you and jo, but maybe things were better in the flesh (as they usually are!).

A bit?!!!! 🤣

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Well done that man / men.

Women Alan 

2 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

That's great news 😊 Well done all x

13 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Just two random boats entering Foulridge...nothing to do with me! 

image.jpg.5d570391d8b0b1cc75ffb0e217e4e6a0.jpg

Errrrrrrr.. Im guessing they changed literally as you entered?

Edited by The Happy Nomad