Braunston Historic Boat Rally 2022

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

Anyone care to enlighten us to some of the good things about this gathering? 

So far in this thread we have attendees being told what they can and can't do, when to start engine's, boats not taking part in the parade, excessively loud shit music, no parking, £20 parking, low attendance numbers and the organiser resigning. 

Edited by junior

1 minute ago, junior said:

So far we have attendees being told what they can and can't do, when to start engine's, boats not taking part in the parade, excessively loud shit music, no parking, £20 parking, low attendance numbers and the organiser 

Pete Tuffrey was selling his paintings again in the marquee.  They're excellent. 

3 hours ago, junior said:

So far in this thread we have attendees being told what they can and can't do, when to start engine's, boats not taking part in the parade, excessively loud shit music, no parking, £20 parking, low attendance numbers and the organiser resigning. 

The acoustic Folk Band (Saturday and Sunday) were excellent, and no problem hearing them without and amplification. I also met a lot of old friends who I had not seen for three years.

Edited by David Schweizer
  • Greenie 1

6 hours ago, junior said:

It's why I don't go.

Well we turned up.  Fitting new hatches and doors on the way. Paint un finished but brasses polished.

Started our engine and paraded to the delight of our passengers.( it rained both times.) 

3 of them unable to  have boats due to various physical issues, all had fun.

We saw old friends, talked to people after 3 long years, went to the bar, and chatted and generally made the best of our time.

Sad that the organisation will change but people move on.

Whats not to like. We haven’t died and we are not in a war zone.

• Greenie 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/06/2022 at 07:35, davidg said:

That went well then. Passed it broken down on the Barby straight.

"What do I want with that Swedish sh***" as someone once said😁

Actually david i had a diesel leak not really broke down 😆😆

On 29/06/2022 at 09:40, noddyboater said:

Without wishing to be too pedantic,  I did say Sunday,  and all I saw was Dory leaving the arm and not returning for a circuit of the marina.

I don't think I'd have missed William if in attendance,  but could have when I went to visit the closets.

Bison was leaving later in the day,  BM powered I believe, but for the general public it's obviously the hot bulbs that add a bit of variety to the parades. 

Maybe it was the amount of historic boats tied up and not taking part on Sunday that made the difference,  it always seems a shame that people make the effort to attend but not parade.

A bit like going to a beer festival and standing in the corner with a bottle of water. 

He doesn't appear to be having much luck with Dory does he? Despite the amount of time and money put into the engine.  

Dory ,fingers crossed🙂 is running lovely actually 🙂

1 hour ago, Orpheus 68A said:

Actually david i had a diesel leak not really broke down 😆😆

Dory ,fingers crossed🙂 is running lovely actually 🙂

Is it true that the engine in Dory was the one in the Birmingham pub,  where people often took the odd bit home after a pint?