240v Fridge off seperate inverter

baldlimey

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Mikexx said:

And tell us how long it took for the cills (sills) to become perforated with iron worm? 🙂

7 minutes ago, Mikexx said:

And tell us how long it took for the cills (sills) to become perforated with iron worm? 🙂

Not within 5-6 years. To the best of my recollection there was no rust when I sold it. In fact I did my best to persuade my wife to inherit it but she preferred her naff MG Metro.  

On 06/11/2021 at 19:32, baldlimey said:

Has anyone tried running a 240v fridge off a seperate inverter. I'm wonderin if this would use less/more/the same power as a 12v fridge?

We have the regular inverter charging but I believe the resting power consumption for these are quite high so I was wondering about putting a small (500w?) inverter with a very efficent 240v fridge or would I be eating through more power than a 12v fridge?

Any advice gratefully received.

Pete

We had a 240 v freezer power board failed due voltage outside spec that to we have a travel pack 240v system but the freezer didn’t like it on shore power fine I replaced board twice then gave up and went with 12v one expensive but it works.