Info needed about pumpout prices please

Lady M

Featured Posts

As per title, I'm looking for information about the price of an attended pump out please.  For those with this type of toilet, how much have you paid recently and where was it?

I'm not seeking a discussion about types of toilet.

Many thanks in advance.  

In general its better to do it yourself if you can, the "attendants" are very variable in their skills and thoroughness, sometimes its just an office person. The art of a good pumpout will soon be lost.

Cropredy just sell a token and then its DIY, but the machine works well and runs for a long time. Think it was £16, good price for "the South"

Also used New Mills on the Peak Forest. That is also a token machine but they will do the pumpout for you, however we said we like to do it ourselves so we sort of did it together and had a good natter. £16:50 I think and another very good machine and good run time.

I kept getting told that the EA pumpouts were free, but the Nene seems to have a lack of since the floods damaged the Wellingborough one 12 months ago and the local manager isnt interested in it working again.

Best ever used to be Sawley marina, pay your £10 and pump, rinse, pump, rinse, tilt boat, wash around, pump, rinse....all day if you wished, until someone else came along.

Now normally paying £20 in the Midlands.

Norbury is £20 if you provide your own chemicals, or more if you want them to.

Cant remember the C&RT card prices - but with those of course you get to pause the pump out when you want and they usually run for a reasonable length of time.

Just now, StephenA said:

Norbury is £20 if you provide your own chemicals, or more if you want them to.

Cant remember the C&RT card prices - but with those of course you get to pause the pump out when you want and they usually run for a reasonable length of time.

Think you will find the CRT machines are the price of a card i.e. £16, the cards of course allow you to use other CRT services at a lesser price such as laundries.

11 minutes ago, Lady C said:

Thank you for your thoughts.  Surely a few more people on this forum have a pump out toilet?  I really want to know about prices charged/paid not how to do it.

Halsall, the coal boat was £16 or £17 the last time we had a pump out

12 minutes ago, Lady C said:

Thank you for your thoughts.  Surely a few more people on this forum have a pump out toilet?  I really want to know about prices charged/paid not how to do it.

It may be easier if you gave a clue as to what area you are looking at. Charges, as others have said, vary wildly around the country from £0 to in excess of £20

Just now, jam said:

It may be easier if you gave a clue as to what area you are looking at. Charges, as others have said, vary wildly around the country from £0 to in excess of £20

Well, she only asked the question 4 hours ago and is getting impatient at 3 hours in, so maybe it's full and getting desperate time.

It's full so get it emptied, then start making proper decisions.

4 minutes ago, haggis said:

Halsall, the coal boat was £16 or £17 the last time we had a pump out

The really awful thing about that is not only do you have to talk to real people, you also have to look at a very nice boat and buy some coal and gas as well as you feel sorry for them.😉

4 hours ago, dmr said:

In general its better to do it yourself if you can, the "attendants" are very variable in their skills and thoroughness, sometimes its just an office person. The art of a good pumpout will soon be lost.

Cropredy just sell a token and then its DIY, but the machine works well and runs for a long time. Think it was £16, good price for "the South"

Also used New Mills on the Peak Forest. That is also a token machine but they will do the pumpout for you, however we said we like to do it ourselves so we sort of did it together and had a good natter. £16:50 I think and another very good machine and good run time.

Think you'll find Cropredy do an attended service @ £16 or DIY (if known ie moorer @ £8. Might be wrong will check tomorrow

17 minutes ago, Slim said:

Think you'll find Cropredy do an attended service @ £16 or DIY (if known ie moorer @ £8. Might be wrong will check tomorrow

My wife went in to buy the token whilst I got stuff ready, and came back with just a token.

Its possible they offered a service and she said not required, and also they were still doing social distancing.

I suspect they would have helped if requested.

8 minutes ago, dmr said:

My wife went in to buy the token whilst I got stuff ready, and came back with just a token.

Its possible they offered a service and she said not required, and also they were still doing social distancing.

I suspect they would have helped if requested.

You've roused my curiosity, no more. I need to have a P/O and change a gas bottle so I'll ask G@@@@@@@ or G@@.

Now, do I have a couple of tokens knocking around somewhere.🔍🔎

£16.50 at Fazeley Mill  Marina (although we get 10% off that, as moorers). I think a CRT card is also £16.50 or thereabouts. Worst we had, and this was quite a few years ago, was £25 from Aqueduct Marina. Ouch! I think around £20 is fairly common these days.

Edited by nicknorman

12 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

£16.50 at Fazeley Mill  Marina (although we get 10% off that, as moorers). I think a CRT card is also £16.50 or thereabouts. Worst we had, and this was quite a few years ago, was £25 from Aqueduct Marina. Ouch! I think around £20 is fairly common these days.

I think that is what I paid at Fazeley and did it my self

15 hours ago, Lady C said:

As per title, I'm looking for information about the price of an attended pump out please. 

Does it really matter ?

Are you going to base your cruising area simply on the price of a pump-out every month ?

If you need a pump-out are you going to refuse to have it if it costs more than you normally pay ?

You have a hugely expensive boat and are worrying about spending £3.50 extra (£16.50 or £20) per month, I would suggest you should be more worried about keeping up with preventative maintenance on the Hull and engine which could easily result in added costs of '£ thousands' if not attended to in a timely fashion.

Worry about things you can have an effect on - if you have a boat with a pump-out you have no choice as to what you pay, when you need a pump-out you will be forced to pay the asking price.

If that is unaffordable then consider removing it and getting a cassette toilet which you can empty for no charge

• Greenie 3

Thank you to everyone who responded to my request for information.  As boats can move around, I'm not too sure that location makes much difference so was hoping for a range of replies.  What you have kindly told me does seem to support my own view that those at my boat club who wished to increase the rate for an attended pump out from £15 to £25 were aiming a bit too high.  We do allow members who can to do their own pump out for free but prefer to operate our rather ancient pump for any passing boaters on days when the service is offered.  As I have a cassette toilet on my boat, I have no personal experience of pump out costs.

3 minutes ago, Lady C said:

Thank you to everyone who responded to my request for information.  As boats can move around, I'm not too sure that location makes much difference so was hoping for a range of replies.  What you have kindly told me does seem to support my own view that those at my boat club who wished to increase the rate for an attended pump out from £15 to £25 were aiming a bit too high.  We do allow members who can to do their own pump out for free but prefer to operate our rather ancient pump for any passing boaters on days when the service is offered.  As I have a cassette toilet on my boat, I have no personal experience of pump out costs.

So which club do you represent that we have just helped fixed your price, The £8 I gave was from a charity, I think all the others are from commercial ventures, not boat clubs