Jon Leeson RIP

dave moore

Featured Posts

I was saddened to see the early death of Jon Leeson, aka Letternight, reported on social media earlier. He was a fine signwriter and airbrush artist and not a few members here will carry his work on their boats. A sad loss indeed, condolences to his family.

• Sad 3

My partner just told me about this, she was contacted by a member of his family about an episode of her you tube which covered the boat being repainted and given a new name, 'Bandoneon' last year. Jon did two beautiful pictures of my bandoneon from photos and designed scrollwork on the rear doors for a piece of music that I was learning at the time. I asked him to add 'formerly Sloe Roamin' on each name panel but when I collected the boat it said 'formally ...'. I called him and he said, "this dyslexia can be a right bugger sometimes" and got straight in his car and came down to fix it. 

A real artist and a nice man.

20201116_142046.jpg.109572a764775b6f81fc410afa2722a0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...