Place for launching 60’ x 11’ wide beam.

Great Escape

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, Great Escape said:

Yeah I’m confident they can do it, a hell of a lot cheaper too I’m just not as confident with tidal Trent on her maiden voyage lol.

What size engine does it have? Its just that winter on the Trent will need 50 hp plus if you decide on Newark. I have been up and down there numerous times and with planning it's ok even in winter with the right tides 

2 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Mine was lifted of the side and dropped in before wheelhouse, kitchen fitout and ballast it weighed 27 tons, it was just the stern section that needed ballast after everything was added 5 tons if I remember right so it would be about 35 tons plus? At 57 x 12 the OPs will be similar?

I quoted 28T to Nationwide I think but they said it would be nowhere near, more like 22-24 in our state of fit out, which is more or less fully fitted - kitchen and lounge.

4 minutes ago, Great Escape said:

Off top of my head think Newark is £420 , yes I have considered someone else, fortunately my father and his wife are quite experienced but he’s just had major surgery so he’s out of commission for a while. Selfish I thought :)

Found the invoice :

October 2019 they charged £145 + VAT to lift out, load onto yard trailer, take across the yard, 'prop up' and remove trailer.

They charge by the metre and obviously at 60 foot you are ~18 metres we are just 11 metres.

Screenshot (669).png

Edited by Alan de Enfield

2 minutes ago, Great Escape said:

Off top of my head think Newark is £420 , yes I have considered someone else, fortunately my father and his wife are quite experienced but he’s just had major surgery so he’s out of commission for a while. Selfish I thought :)

If you ask @matty40s he may be able to move it for you at a cost obviously. He moved our (narrow) boat the other way suuccesfully on the tidal Trent.

He might baulk at being seen atop a big widebeam like that but you never know,

2 minutes ago, Great Escape said:

I quoted 28T to Nationwide I think but they said it would be nowhere near, more like 22-24 in our state of fit out, which is more or less fully fitted - kitchen and lounge.

Mine was weighed at 27 plus all the stuff added later definitely added the rest 

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Found the invoice :

October 2019 they charged £145 + VAT to lift out, load onto yard trailer, take across the yard, 'prop up' and remove trailer.

They charge by the metre and obviously at 60 foot you are ~18 metres we are just 11 metres.

Screenshot (669).png

I phoned about 2 months ago and I’m 90% sure the lady said £420, which I would be happy with if I’m honest.

If you need help moving up the Trent for a couple of days ask the widebeams on the top pound at Tinsley, they go up and down every year so maybe worth popping down to introduce and a chat as they’ll be neighbours and I’m sure they’ll enjoy a little trip.

Edited by PD1964

23 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

If you need help moving up the Trent for a couple of days ask the widebeams on the top pound at Tinsley, they go up and down every year so maybe worth popping down to introduce and a chat as they’ll be neighbours and I’m sure they’ll enjoy a little trip.

🤣That’s where our mooring is and one of said wide beams is occupied by my father. We know know most quite well already, in fact I’l be drinking with them tomorrow night 😄

On a serious note I don’t want to put anybody out.

• Greenie 1