Are parts of Brum turning into no-go areas ?

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

Examples from the last few weeks :

Police step up Tyseley canal safety measures as dad is robbed at gunpoint in front of daughter

Police step up Tyseley canal safety measures as dad is robbed at gunpoint in front of daughter - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

Hammer-wielding thug tells cyclist: 'I'm having your bike' in towpath terror

Hammer-wielding thug tells cyclist: 'I'm having your bike' in towpath terror - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

Jogger throws Just Eat cyclist over handlebars along Selly Oak canal towpath

Jogger throws Just Eat cyclist over handlebars along Selly Oak canal towpath - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

Timeline of terror on Birmingham canal towpaths

Timeline of terror on Birmingham canal towpaths as cyclist wrestled for bike fears 'no safe' route - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

'Do you want to see the fishes' - gang laugh as doctor pushed into Selly Oak canal

'Do you want to see the fishes' - gang laugh as doctor pushed into Selly Oak canal - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

7 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Police step up Tyseley canal safety measures as dad is robbed at gunpoint in front of daughter

Police step up Tyseley canal safety measures as dad is robbed at gunpoint in front of daughter - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

Hammer-wielding thug tells cyclist: 'I'm having your bike' in towpath terror - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

Jogger throws Just Eat cyclist over handlebars along Selly Oak canal towpath - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

Timeline of terror on Birmingham canal towpaths as cyclist wrestled for bike fears 'no safe' route - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

'Do you want to see the fishes' - gang laugh as doctor pushed into Selly Oak canal

'Do you want to see the fishes' - gang laugh as doctor pushed into Selly Oak canal - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

Personally no, I get to see a lot of Brum, many of the areas I see are not exactly on the tourist guides, in fact, city centre aside, I have likely walked/driven a very high percentage of Brums streets and don't get me wrong some of the areas are "rough" but certainly not "no go"

Strangely the over the years the only place I felt truly uncomfortable was an estate in Winsford, never in Brum

We recently did the Curly Wurly st a slow pace and found it a positive experience,  much improved. Then made our way to Sherbourne Wharf via Titford. I dont think we found a single place where we felt uncomfortable or at risk. At least not from what was above the water! 

• Greenie 3

20 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yes Alan, don’t come here.

• Greenie 1