Bugsworth Basin visitor moorings

jetzi

Featured Posts

Anyone know what the situation is, are there cart visitors moorings in Bugsworth basin? How long can you stay, is there usually space, is it safe? Where are they, in the middle / lower arm or just anywhere along there?

I gather that much of the upper peak forest is too shallow to moor at the banks, so wouldn't like to get to the end and not have anywhere to moor...

Thank you!

The donation is up to you. 

Sometimes I’ve felt flush and given what I thought was an handsome sum, other times I’ve been a bit tight. Another time I gave a day concreting. 

It really is up to you. 
You can even stay for longer than the 14 days but you do need to tell them your intentions  

• Greenie 1

I have just been up and back down the Upper Peak Forest, stayed in Whaley 5 days and Bugsworth for 2.

There is plenty of space there and quite good facilities too.

The Navigation Pub at Bugsworth is one of the most expensive I have been to this year, £4.90 a pint !!!

There are good safe moorings on many parts of the canal, especially near Disley which is a small town well worth a visit. Great pubs and lovely people. I stayed a few days on the way up and also coming back down.

It was such a good experience that I have stopped at Marple and I am considering a return trip soon.

Msg me if you need any more info, enjoy

48 minutes ago, MarkH2159 said:

The Navigation Pub at Bugsworth is one of the most expensive I have been to this year, £4.90 a pint !!!

Did you drink the Timothy Taylor? I remember it cost a lot. 

But the local beers were much better priced. 
It’s been two years since I been there mind. 

Edited by Goliath

2 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Did you drink the Timothy Taylor? I remember it cost a lot. 

But the local beers were much better priced. 
It’s been two years since I been there mind. 

Yes it was the TT, same pint in Ye Olde Kings Head Macclesfield 2 weeks earlier was £1 cheaper ! 

51 minutes ago, MarkH2159 said:

I have just been up and back down the Upper Peak Forest, stayed in Whaley 5 days and Bugsworth for 2.

There are good safe moorings on many parts of the canal, especially near Disley which is a small town well worth a visit. Great pubs and lovely people. I stayed a few days on the way up and also coming back down.

It was such a good experience that I have stopped at Marple and I am considering a return trip soon.

Is that the pub the Coronation Street star Elsie Tanner kept.

1 hour ago, MarkH2159 said:

If in Marple, look out the Samuel Oldknow in Market Street. A micropub which is like a proper pub and not a converted shop, which of course it is!

Just wonderful.

• Greenie 1