water pump

haza

Featured Posts

hi .all. can any one help i thought my water pump had broke ,so i put a new one on .and still no water coming though the taps .the new pump i put on  shurflo 2095/403/443. 28usgpm what ever that means  pressure settings 30 psi any ideas please i would be very grateful thanks

1 minute ago, haza said:

hi .all. can any one help i thought my water pump had broke ,so i put a new one on .and still no water coming though the taps .the new pump i put on  shurflo 2095/403/443. 28usgpm what ever that means  pressure settings 30 psi any ideas please i would be very grateful thanks

Is the pump running ? (electrics getting thru ?)

Is there water in your tank ?

Is the stop-tap open ?

Did you remove any 'end plugs' when connecting the pipes ?

28USGPM = 28 US gallons flow per minute (A US gallon is smaller than the UK gallon due to barrel shrinkage) 28 USG = 23 Imperial (UK) gallons.

2 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

If you get it running, I hope you have a large water tank.

The manufacturer quotes 10.6Lpm, but it gets a little wearing when you are criticised for correcting posts or providing unasked for information - just 'go with the flow' (see what I did there) and answer the question asked without suplementary information.

I'm sure the OP misread 2.8USGPM as 28USGPM

7 minutes ago, haza said:

silly question were would i find the fuse thanks any way 

It could be an inline fuse close to the pump, just follow the wiring as far as you can.

It could be a fuse or an MCB on your electrical panel / "fuse box"

Do you have a list of switches marked up "pump". "bilge pump", "tunnel light" etc - they might be 'fused' switches, do they have red lights alongside the switches ?

There are so many possibilities that photos of you panel would help.

3 minutes ago, haza said:

thanks alan yes i have 12 volt panel with all the info one there the water pressure fuse says 34-15 amp .i would send photos but my phone wont send sorry 

And can you test the fuse ?

Do you have a multimeter ?

Is so, set it to the Ohm** scale, touch the two probes together and note the reading, now touch each end of the fuse (one probe on each end) and see it the reading is the same, if it is that means the fuse is OK (not blown).

** set the dial to the highest number (maybe 2000 ?) on the scale that show this symbol Ω

If you get a no reading or "OL" then the fuse is blown and needs replacing.

If the fuse blows again you have a wiring problem, or have replaced the pump with one that requires thicker wiring / bigger fuse. DO NOT just replace the old fuse with a bigger one. Find the problem first.

thanks all .its all to much for me i will get a guy called ian in from out of nantwhich thats if i can find is number hes the guy who does my boat safety as any one got is number  sorry for being so vague with this .thanks any way