Liveaboard insurance

northern

Featured Posts

20 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Interesting:

For a £50k boat value and £6k contents but no longer residential, mine is £197 with GJW. However that is with 10+ years of NCB

You've done well!

I'm a novice with a year's experience, or just under, but they bumped this up to a year when I spoke with them last to give me the equivalent of 1 year's NCB.

The boat's 'worth' £80k in my case so I think this along with my inexperience doesn't help.

Our liveaboard policy (as well as rehousing etc.) also includes (because I asked for it to be so) insurance of our items away from the boat. Like we had when we were in a house. So all our belongings are covered wherever they happen to be.

53 minutes ago, Jo_ said:

Our liveaboard policy (as well as rehousing etc.) also includes (because I asked for it to be so) insurance of our items away from the boat. Like we had when we were in a house. So all our belongings are covered wherever they happen to be.

Thanks..  Who's yours with?

Towergate called me back after my referral.  They came in at a very reasonable £850 🙂

I've gone with GJW.  They've dropped to £370 now the excess is upped to £300.  This covers me for a fixed value of £80k on the boat and not market rate should the worst happen.  Plus £7,000 contents including a laptop as a named item.

Edited by northern
  • Greenie 2