A Curtain Question

Dozee

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Dozee said:

I'm having curtains made and need a thin rod and ends to hold the bottom of the curtains close to the sides any suggestions?

Brass fiddle rail and fittings, no doubt at great expense from chandlers. Like this

https://www.houseofbrass.co.uk/pole-rail-systems/gallery-fiddle-rails

Edited by Tony Brooks

I had no idea what their name was lol, going for pole at top and now trying to find a satin finish rail for the bottom, many thanks all for that, I had thought of the wire for the bottom but my ocd was fighting it, its amazing all the bloody little things you have to think about lol

Cafe rods from Wilkos  chrome or brushed steel effect. Not bad looking for £4.95.

Far less expensive than other alternatives. Another cheap alternative is wood dowel

or 10 x 15 mm par timber. Paint or spray any colour you fancy. 

10 minutes ago, Dozee said:

I had no idea what their name was lol, going for pole at top and now trying to find a satin finish rail for the bottom, many thanks all for that, I had thought of the wire for the bottom but my ocd was fighting it, its amazing all the bloody little things you have to think about lol

But just think how great it will look once finished. The finishing touches are the most fun.

• Greenie 1

I will check out Wilkos, got new cabinet doors and drawer fronts in hand, new lighting organised, new power power points and switches ect organised, the funny thing is it is the big ticket stuff that is taking time as I'm waiting on others to get to it, seems to be a lack of urgency, but I'm getting all the finishing touches done, and yes these are fun lol

• Greenie 1

Not very sophisticated-looking but the lightweight telescopic rods for threading into the bottom or top of net curtains. Sits on lightweight hooks at each end so could be removable for daytime. Quick paint to match your decor.

On 21/10/2021 at 19:05, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Yet another way of doing it. Big diameter curtain rail at the top, small diameter curtain rail at the bottom.

IMG_20211021_185955.jpg.7fb48968a5a4ffebb7b968059ca7a60a.jpg

Until you posted that, I never realised my rails were an inch shorter at the bottom than the top, but I've only lived on here since 2008.

New curtains run up by my lovely Kathy one Sunday a few weeks ago. Total cost for 4 coach style windows with linings about £50

20211022_210812.jpg

11 hours ago, matty40s said:

Until you posted that, I never realised my rails were an inch shorter at the bottom than the top, but I've only lived on here since 2008.

It does look like that. The picture is actually an optical illusion. Caused I suspect by the wide angle phone camera lens and the position I took the picture. They are actually roughly the same length.

11 hours ago, matty40s said:

New curtains run up by my lovely Kathy one Sunday a few weeks ago. Total cost for 4 coach style windows with linings about £50

Very nice they look too.

1 minute ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

It does look like that. The picture is actually an optical illusion. Caused I suspect by the wide angle phone camera lens and the position I took the picture. They are actually roughly the same length.

Nope, I checked them all after wot u sed,  and they are all slightly shorter at t'bottum.

Very nice they look too.

Thankyou, I shall pass the compliment on.

• Happy 1