Featured Posts

8 hours ago, MtB said:

Conversation I overheard on a boat passing mine a couple of years ago:

Female voice: "Oh look at the long front deck on that boat, it's beautiful!"

Male voice: "Its a waste of space"

Female voice: "No, it would be fantastic for sunbathing!"

Male voice: "Yeah but it's a waste of space..."

Quelle pillock.

But typical of the attitude of most narrow boaters to elegant shell design.

Thing of beauty. Well it is to my eyes. 😍😁IMG_1550.JPG.5d4ddd4dca82f2cce5b790d4bca47bc0.JPG

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Tonka said:

Now i know you are an idiot.

You have proved it

Oh please, I am sure Tracy was joking, even if they weren't why be so rude in a posting? You wouldn't dream of saying that in public now would you. 

Apologies if you too are joking, it seems well below the plimsoll line if you are. 

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

Oh please, I am sure Tracy was joking, even if they weren't why be so rude in a posting? You wouldn't dream of saying that in public now would you. 

Apologies if you too are joking, it seems well below the plimsoll line if you are. 

So you think it is OK to pour an alkali product onto mild steel. Also this same product will trap the water in the bilge thus creating more corrosion.  

She has crossed me before and when I pushed her on the subject she just tried to fob it off so maybe you can see why I reacted. In public I would probably told her what I really thought so I was kind and called her an idiot. 

• Angry 1

On 11/05/2022 at 19:02, blackrose said:

Others say that widebeams are synonymous with ugliness but that's primarily because they've got used to the proportions of narrowboats and have somehow got it into their heads that that's a natural shape for a boat. In fact if you look at boats around the world, narrowboats are an outlier, an extreme I terms of boat proportions.

Oddly enough Celebrity Summit

length 964.5
beam 105
draft 26.25

scales out to

length 72.5188
beam 7.894737
draft 1.973684

So basically a slightly fat tall narrowboat.

However it is ugly - the best place to view it from is one of the rear balcony cabins (I speak from experience).

Celebrity_Summit_Jun_24_2019_(cropped).jpg

Dear me I really think she was joking. Its so easy to get wound up with misunderstandings. I guess she forgot an imoji on here. Personally I found it mildly amusing  and you do need to look at the whole gist of the comments there which was in a jovial manner. Its useless calling people idiots on a forum, when in real life one smile and the issue is solved! 

4 minutes ago, Tonka said:

So you think it is OK to pour an alkali product onto mild steel. Also this same product will trap the water in the bilge thus creating more corrosion.  

She has crossed me before and when I pushed her on the subject she just tried to fob it off so maybe you can see why I reacted. In public I would probably told her what I really thought so I was kind and called her an idiot. 

8 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

They also make very good skating rinks in winter. I remember once visiting @wrigglefingers rather lovely boat that had a tug deck at Audlem one frosty day. Nearly went in the marina!!

Said boat, Cobbett at Audlem June 2021 after being sold to new owners.

IMGP5350.JPG

IMGP5353.JPG

Edited by Ray T

33 minutes ago, Ray T said:

Said boat, Cobbett at Audlem June 2021 after being sold to new owners.

IMGP5350.JPG

IMGP5353.JPG

Ah. I didnt realise she had sold her boat.

43 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

Dear me I really think she was joking. Its so easy to get wound up with misunderstandings. I guess she forgot an imoji on here. Personally I found it mildly amusing  and you do need to look at the whole gist of the comments there which was in a jovial manner. Its useless calling people idiots on a forum, when in real life one smile and the issue is solved! 

Its OK.  He is a little sensitive and gets upset without his dummy. I'll buy him one when next I am in a chemists.  😃   :clapping:    :giggles:      :offtopic:   :icecream:    :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Its OK.  He is a little sensitive and gets upset without his dummy. I'll buy him one when next I am in a chemists.  😃   :clapping:    :giggles:      :offtopic:   :icecream:    :rolleyes:

no i am not.

1 hour ago, Tonka said:

And not a fake rivet in sight

Too much brass to polish though,

not an old boat either looking at the CaRT license number, registered in 2010, so just done up to look the part.

Edited by PD1964

4 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Too much brass to polish though,

not an old boat either looking at the CaRT license number, registered in 2010, so just done up to look the part.

I dont think anybody said it was an 'old' boat did they?

1 minute ago, PD1964 said:

Yes and? What you getting at?

I was asking you the relevance of your comment given nobody said it was an 'old' boat.

Is that too hard to understand ?

3 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I was asking you the relevance of your comment given nobody said it was an 'old' boat.

Is that too hard to understand ?

I said it’s not that old 2010, but done up to look the part,  ie like an older work boat. What’s your problem? Your always looking for an argument?

5 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

I said it’s not that old 2010, but done up to look the part,  ie like an older work boat. What’s your problem? Your always looking for an argument?

No you said its not an old boat either.

Im afraid it's you constantly looking to pick an argument in this thread.

Can I suggest you post up some pictures of your boat in order we can critque it?

Note - request not demand.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Im afraid it you constantly looking to pick an argument in this thread.

You pick arguments on every thread Martin with the same people always trying to be clever. You just spoil things. 
I said it’s not an old boat 2010??

Did that upset you?

8 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Im afraid it's you constantly looking to pick an argument in this thread.

Can I suggest you post up some pictures of your boat in order we can critque it?

Note - request not demand.

What’s next? Something like; no boat pictures, I take it you don’t have one then😂

Just now, PD1964 said:

You pick arguments on every thread Martin with the same people always trying to be clever. You just spoil things. 
I said it’s not an old boat 2010??

Did that upset you?

Why would it upset me? Its not my boat.

I mainly argue with clowns on here, particularly the ones who download pictures from my daughter's facebook page to use as their avatar.

So back to my question, do you have some pictures of your boat to post?

Just now, PD1964 said:

What’s next? Something like; no boat pictures, I take it you don’t have one then😂

I think its well known on here we sold our boat in 2015. Ive told you that previously, probably more than once.

Are you suffering from memory loss? 

Lots on here no longer own boats.

Why would it upset me? Its not my boat.

I mainly argue with clowns on here, particularly the ones who download pictures from my daughter's facebook page to use as their avatar.

So back to my question, do you have some pictures of your boat to post?

Not still crying about that are we? You made everything public. You put all their details on. I already have put a picture of my boat on here, you just haven’t found it😂

5 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Not still crying about that are we? You made everything public. You put all their details on. I already have put a picture of my boat on here, you just haven’t found it😂

No not crying about it, just reminding people about what a creepy individual you are.

Btw I didnt make her page public here, you had to look it up using the itv news report about my son in laws covid recovery.

As I said creepy. 

Could you post a boat picture again please?

Edited by The Happy Nomad

No not crying about it, just reminding people about what a creepy individual you are.

Btw I didnt make her page public, you had to look it up using the itv news report about my son in laws covid recovery.

As I said creepy. 

Could you post a boat picture again please?

I haven’t got a boat Martin, just like you.