Marine Welder Needed

Featured Posts

Hi All, this is my first post on here and I was looking for some help in regards to finding a welder to help me with my new project. 

I have just bought a 50ft Hancock and Lane Narrowboat as a shell with a brand new 8mm base plate tacked to the bottom. I am needing a mobile welder to be able to get to Stourport on Severn and who would be willing to undertake this work. I am needing the baseplate welded to the bottom of the boat, the superstructure to be adjusted and welded down, rubbing strakes installed and a bit of work doing under the deck. 

I appreciate any advice or pointing me in the right direction and thanking you all in advance!

Presumably the boat is out of the water in a yard / marina or similar.

Many places have all sort of rules about employing contractors and can be particularly difficult with 'hot-work' contractors, - this may not be relevant, the boat could be in your garded (you have not said) but if you are not aware of this you need to check and ensure that the contractor meets the yards requirements - particularly with regard to 3rd party and public liabilty insurances.

29 minutes ago, Jacksaddis said:

Hi All, this is my first post on here and I was looking for some help in regards to finding a welder to help me with my new project. 

I have just bought a 50ft Hancock and Lane Narrowboat as a shell with a brand new 8mm base plate tacked to the bottom. I am needing a mobile welder to be able to get to Stourport on Severn and who would be willing to undertake this work. I am needing the baseplate welded to the bottom of the boat, the superstructure to be adjusted and welded down, rubbing strakes installed and a bit of work doing under the deck. 

I appreciate any advice or pointing me in the right direction and thanking you all in advance!

This chap is mobile Kev Kyte | Facebook   Kev Kyte Marine Welding And General Fabrication

5 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Presumably the boat is out of the water in a yard / marina or similar.

Many places have all sort of rules about employing contractors and can be particularly difficult with 'hot-work' contractors, - this may not be relevant, the boat could be in your garded (you have not said) but if you are not aware of this you need to check and ensure that the contractor meets the yards requirements - particularly with regard to 3rd party and public liabilty insurances.

I think they are eager to get it out of the yard and for it to return to become a lovely boat again. They provide welding services but not on a permanent basis as in they do not need to employ a full time welder so I think they are okay with 3rd party.

7 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

This chap is mobile Kev Kyte | Facebook   Kev Kyte Marine Welding And General Fabrication

Thanks Ditchcrawler, Kev was literally the first message I sent and we spoke but unfortunately to distance it is not economical on time for working and would struggle to keep on deadline.

1 hour ago, BEngo said:

Try Michael Patterson.  Contact via the Aylesbury Canal Society number on their website.  It might be a bit far for him, though he has done work in Southampton.  He is a coded welder.

N

Wonderful will try now thanks BEngo

On 19/10/2021 at 22:02, Jacksaddis said:

Martin Kedian may be able to help.