Recommendations please - flue fitting for incinerator toilet in Limehouse

Featured Posts

WHi All,

I've been left up the creek!!! I have a Cinderella Toilet installed and working on a barge on Limehouse but need someone to fit a flue kit.

I have this kit but a couple of extra bits will need to be sourced (elbow and rain cap, for example). Obviously, you'll need a hole saw to get through the steel roof.

https://www.leesan.com/shop/cinderella-comfort-installation-kits.aspx?a=upd#

Any recommendations for someone who could do this would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

2 hours ago, paulgthomson said:

WHi All,

I've been left up the creek!!! I have a Cinderella Toilet installed and working on a barge on Limehouse but need someone to fit a flue kit.

I have this kit but a couple of extra bits will need to be sourced (elbow and rain cap, for example). Obviously, you'll need a hole saw to get through the steel roof.

https://www.leesan.com/shop/cinderella-comfort-installation-kits.aspx?a=upd#

Any recommendations for someone who could do this would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

Er, no, a hole saw is one solution but so is a jigsaw with metal cutting blade or chain drilling and a half round file. Probably easier to DIY if you are in London - and far cheaper.

5 hours ago, paulgthomson said:

Er, thanks for your valuable advice

I think Aquavista are the new owners of Limehouse marina, and, they are very 'funny' about allowing contractors in the marina to work on boats, particularly where it involves grindind, cutting or welding (there have been problems in the past with tiny bits of metal cuttings landing on other boats and causing rust spots to develop).

I'd suggest that you speak to the marina and ask them for their approved contractor list as they will not allow 'just anyone' into the marina, they must register with the marina and provide evidence of 3rd part and public liability insurance for £ millions.

1 minute ago, David Mack said:

Or take the boat out of the marina to have the work done.

That's what I would do. Assuming the boat has an inverter and a 240v socket there should be no problem working remotely from a shoreline. A power drill and potentially jigsaw should be all that's needed and they are rarely over 1kw.

Alec

Hi Paul,

There is also a guy over in South Dock who fits gas central heating and should be able to do the necessary if you don't want to do it yourself. We used to have our Webasto serviced by him but I can't immediately remember his name (or the name he trades under) - ask around as someone would probably know. He has a workshop near the South Dock lock office.

Tam