Calor Gas new price list.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

On 21/10/2021 at 10:15, Hudds Lad said:

“Keep in mind why our customers choose Calor”

Because there’s little widespread alternative and you almost have the market sewn up?

It's a tautology. 

People who don't "choose Calor" are by definition, not customers. 

• Greenie 1

14 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

We are in your neck of the woods next year with the van. Sure we can block a road or two with that 🤣🤣🤣

Make sure you let me know you are coming, we can go for some beeeeeeeeeeeeeeer :D

• Greenie 1

On 21/10/2021 at 11:44, mrsmelly said:

I was having a central heating system fitted in the house that would have run off 47kg cylinders. The gas system was a hell of a lot cheaper than a similar oil fired system but after soul searching and contacting both calor and flo gas I eventualy have gone for oil. Looking at the prices now of the 47 cylinders and the way calor stitch you up to an agreement I am well pleased that I have dodged a bullet. 

Which can almost certainly be run on HVO with a minor adjustment as several trials over last winter have demonstrated. But first to sort out the current RTFC arrangements so HVO enjoys the same rebate as HVO used for propulsion.

• Greenie 1

27 minutes ago, Up-Side-Down said:

Which can almost certainly be run on HVO with a minor adjustment as several trials over last winter have demonstrated. But first to sort out the current RTFC arrangements so HVO enjoys the same rebate as HVO used for propulsion.

I have an oily boiler in the cottage, I might be up for a trial of HVO in it too. 

Any details of the mods required? I can't imagine the Worcester technical helpline being very forthcoming, defensive engineering is the order of the day. I would have thought a different nozzle would be required, as well as a change to the oil pressure setting. 

Or mebbe I should try reading the manual and use the settings for red diesel, if there are any specified! 

6 minutes ago, MtB said:

I have an oily boiler in the cottage, I might be up for a trial of HVO in it too. 

Any details of the mods required? I can't imagine the Worcester technical helpline being very forthcoming, defensive engineering is the order of the day. I would have thought a different nozzle would be required, as well as a change to the oil pressure setting. 

Or mebbe I should try reading the manual and use the settings for red diesel, if there are any specified! 

Boat engines and heating are quite happily running on HVO here with no mods from red diesel….so if it runs on red it will run on HVO..you just fill up with it…seems to mix with red with no issues reported here 

20 minutes ago, frangar said:

Boat engines and heating are quite happily running on HVO here with no mods from red diesel….so if it runs on red it will run on HVO..you just fill up with it…seems to mix with red with no issues reported here 

It doesn't run on red, it runs on kerosene. Similar but different.

13 hours ago, Up-Side-Down said:

Having done a bit of research that is what I am hoping. The problem at present is its not yet possible to produce enough HVO to replace the huge amounts of heating oil at present being used.