Calor Gas new price list.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

We are a re-seller of LPG and have today received the latest price list from Calor showing an 8p+VAT per Kg increase effective from 25th October.

Thought it may be of interest.

REMEMBER - all prices EXCLUDE VAT and these are my BUYING prices so need to add a margin.

20211019-132340-1.jpg

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Horror 1

Can't say I'm overly surprised by the increases.

We noticed when we topped up our LPG tanks on the motorhome the other day that the price had crept up a bit. It was 75ppl whereas it had been closer to 70ppl from the same supplier. 

24 litres which is near enough 12kg was still only £18 though. At this rate the cylinders will pay for themselves much quicker than we thought they would :unsure:

6 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

We are a re-seller of LPG and have today received the latest price list from Calor showing an 8p+VAT per Kg increase effective from 25th October.

Thought it may be of interest.

REMEMBER - all prices EXCLUDE VAT and these are my BUYING prices so need to add a margin.

20211019-132340-1.jpg

If 13kg propane cost to you is £37+VAT = £44 then that's a hell of a price increase. Until recently if you looked around you could buy retail in the low £30s.

1 minute ago, David Mack said:

If 13kg propane cost to you is £37+VAT = £44 then that's a hell of a price increase. Until recently if you looked around you could buy retail in the low £30s.

Isn't the vat rate 5%, rather than 20%?  (Not that it matters for the margin calculation, but does of course get reflected in the price charged to the final consumer).

2 hours ago, Alway Swilby said:

I wonder why they feel it necessary to quote the prices in pounds to 4 decimal places. Or to put it another way the price quotes pennies to two decimal places. Does the price really need to be that accurate precise?

8 hours ago, Alway Swilby said:

Precise/accurate? Don't see much difference myself. I still don't see why the price should be accurate to four decimal places.

£36.7148 per 13Kg is accurate and very precise.

£36.715  is accurate and less precise.

£36.7  is accurate and less precise.

£38 is less accurate and less precise.

£38.7148 is less accurate and very precise!

6 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

“Keep in mind why our customers choose Calor”

Because there’s little widespread alternative and you almost have the market sewn up?

That's the one!

While it's a good argument for having Calor on a boat, I'm not sure it holds for static caravans.  A N Other LPG can deliver direct to site too.

10 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

That's the one!

While it's a good argument for having Calor on a boat, I'm not sure it holds for static caravans.  A N Other LPG can deliver direct to site too.

We use Energas for the 47kg bottle on our site, but, the price follows (and is the same as) Calor.

For our bulk tank we are in the process of changing from calor (85p per litre) to Flo-gas (40p per lite - a 'change supplier rate')

26 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

That's the one!

We use 47kg flo gas cylinders at our unit for space heating…whilst they are cheaper than flogas their delivery service direct is shocking. They can never give you a day let alone time when they might be there….I often now pick them up from a local depot. 

46 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

We use Energas for the 47kg bottle on our site, but, the price follows (and is the same as) Calor.

For our bulk tank we are in the process of changing from calor (85p per litre) to Flo-gas (40p per lite - a 'change supplier rate')

Are you able to keep the bulk tank, I was under the impression that a change in supplier requires a change of bulk tank

10 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Are you able to keep the bulk tank, I was under the impression that a change in supplier requires a change of bulk tank

You keep the tank.

I was under the same impression as you which is why I had never considered looking for alternatives as it would be 'too much hassle'.

Apparently they have an intercompany transfer agreement and the incumbant supplier sells the incoming supplier the tank at a nominal cost. The new supplier then owns the tank, takes responsibility for the maintenance etc (until you change back for a better deal at the end of the contract when the process repeats).

• Greenie 1

47 minutes ago, frangar said:

We use 47kg flo gas cylinders at our unit for space heating…whilst they are cheaper than flogas their delivery service direct is shocking. They can never give you a day let alone time when they might be there….I often now pick them up from a local depot. 

I was having a central heating system fitted in the house that would have run off 47kg cylinders. The gas system was a hell of a lot cheaper than a similar oil fired system but after soul searching and contacting both calor and flo gas I eventualy have gone for oil. Looking at the prices now of the 47 cylinders and the way calor stitch you up to an agreement I am well pleased that I have dodged a bullet. 

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

I was having a central heating system fitted in the house that would have run off 47kg cylinders. The gas system was a hell of a lot cheaper than a similar oil fired system but after soul searching and contacting both calor and flo gas I eventualy have gone for oil. Looking at the prices now of the 47 cylinders and the way calor stitch you up to an agreement I am well pleased that I have dodged a bullet. 

I think you made the right choice....Gas works for us as I only use it for a blown air space heater thats just on when its really chilly and we are there...I can make a cylinder last 2 years in a mild winter!!...If I was in a house Id go for oil with a solid fuel stove....much like a boat really!...having said that I do like my Alde on the boat...might use a bit of gas but hardly any battery power and is quiet when running etc...ideal for hot water and a bit of top up heat when out boating...only used it in addition to the stove when the ice was thick enough to walk on when in the marina!

• Greenie 2

Yes. With oil you own the tank, and there are several suppliers out there who have to compete on price, and some comparison sites that will find the cheapest price (from amongst their signed up suppliers) for your location. Although going to my local supplier usually gets the best price here.

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, frangar said:

I think you made the right choice....Gas works for us as I only use it for a blown air space heater thats just on when its really chilly and we are there...I can make a cylinder last 2 years in a mild winter!!...If I was in a house Id go for oil with a solid fuel stove....much like a boat really!...having said that I do like my Alde on the boat...might use a bit of gas but hardly any battery power and is quiet when running etc...ideal for hot water and a bit of top up heat when out boating...only used it in addition to the stove when the ice was thick enough to walk on when in the marina!

We love the gas heating on the van. It runs near on silent, much quieter then the diesel heating that we had on the boat.

Mind you gas heating wasn't really an option on the boat due to the limited size of the gas locker only taking Camping Gaz 2.7kg bottles which were and still are an astronomical price. They must be around £40 a refill now. :blink:

• Greenie 1

On 21/10/2021 at 11:51, David Mack said:

Yes. With oil you own the tank, and there are several suppliers out there who have to compete on price, and some comparison sites that will find the cheapest price (from amongst their signed up suppliers) for your location. Although going to my local supplier usually gets the best price here.

In our village in which most houses use oil (no gas) we have a scheme where every couple of months we place a bulk order with whichever supplier has the best offer. The tanker delivers to individual houses, we pay individually to the supplier, and get the bulk price (usually for around 10,000 L). Typically get at least a 5 p/ L saving over a 500 L individual order which is well-worthwhile. It's a bit of hassle for the person that compiles the order, but he's happy to do it and with everyone giving their needs by email it only involves a handful of phone calls to the four or so local suppliers.

• Greenie 2

25 minutes ago, Onewheeler said:

In our village in which most houses use oil (no gas) we have a scheme where every couple of months we place a bulk order with whichever supplier has the best offer. The tanker delivers to individual houses, we pay individually to the supplier, and get the bulk price (usually for around 10,000 L). Typically get at least a 5 p/ L saving over a 500 L individual order which is well-worthwhile. It's a bit of hassle for the person that compiles the order, but he's happy to do it and with everyone giving their needs by email it only involves a handful of phone calls to the four or so local suppliers.

Thats a great idea and one I asked the locals about instigating in our street, nearly everyone has oil. However it has already been dismissed here by the suppliers as when the tanker stops it blocks the road ( main street ) whilst discharging the oil. No one cares here they just queue for 5 or 10 minutes whilst its done, after all its not the south east of England where uproar would be order of the day lol. Then tanker moves off. If they did us all at once the road would be blocked for ages as it moved forward house to house lol.

10 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Thats a great idea and one I asked the locals about instigating in our street, nearly everyone has oil. However it has already been dismissed here by the suppliers as when the tanker stops it blocks the road ( main street ) whilst discharging the oil. No one cares here they just queue for 5 or 10 minutes whilst its done, after all its not the south east of England where uproar would be order of the day lol. Then tanker moves off. If they did us all at once the road would be blocked for ages as it moved forward house to house lol.

We're lucky in that respect. Hardly any of the village is on a through route, and if a road is blocked we're sensible enough to turn round and go the other way around. Most tanks are accessible in gardens or garages. Our only problem is that no-one is prepared to deliver less than 500 L to a single property, which leaves out a few people who haven't got space to put in a bigger tank.

• Greenie 1

25 minutes ago, Onewheeler said:

We're lucky in that respect. Hardly any of the village is on a through route, and if a road is blocked we're sensible enough to turn round and go the other way around. Most tanks are accessible in gardens or garages. Our only problem is that no-one is prepared to deliver less than 500 L to a single property, which leaves out a few people who haven't got space to put in a bigger tank.

If you were sensible to turn round and go the other way here you would be in the mire. Sensibly the whole centre is one way and 20 mph.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

If you were sensible to turn round and go the other way here you would be in the mire. Sensibly the whole centre is one way and 20 mph.

We are in your neck of the woods next year with the van. Sure we can block a road or two with that 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1