Smashed window

Dave_P

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

I've used https://www.perspexsheet.uk/ recently, quick delivery and they do custom cutting.

And corner radii too, which if the radius of the bottom corners of the OP's windows are 50mm or less, means you could have one made exactly to size and not have to do any cutting at all.

Thanks again for the responses and ideas.  I've been in touch with channelglaze and they're putting together a quote for me to reglaze the window.  I'm reluctant to try and do it myself as I have a long and ignominious track record of trying to fix things without really knowing how, and royally buggering it up.

34 minutes ago, Dave_P said:

Thanks again for the responses and ideas.  I've been in touch with channelglaze and they're putting together a quote for me to reglaze the window.  I'm reluctant to try and do it myself as I have a long and ignominious track record of trying to fix things without really knowing how, and royally buggering it up.

A very wise man may I say. That is exactly why I said a new one (or secondhad) may be  easier.

2 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

A very wise man may I say. That is exactly why I said a new one (or secondhad) may be  easier.

I have managed to take a window out, re-seal it and put it back, but that's about my limit. 

18 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Have you found somewhere secure to tuck away until its fixed.

Hawne Basin could be an option

Once I'd swept up the glass and covered the window with bubble wrap, the very next thing I did was head down to Hawne Basin.  I was planning on coming on Friday, but shifted forwards a few days. 

It helps that it's my home mooring.