Coal Price

mark99

Featured Posts

49 minutes ago, MtB said:

Anthracite was always expensive, as the calorific value of the stuff is way higher than cheap rubbish manufactured ovals which are diluted with ash, cement or whatever to increase the weight. AIUI. 

For the best calorific value, and cost to calorific value, you need to look towards petcoke. Brilliant stuff. Terrible amount of sulphur in it mind.

8 hours ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

For the best calorific value, and cost to calorific value, you need to look towards petcoke. Brilliant stuff. Terrible amount of sulphur in it mind.

Not available anymore. It has been outlawed since the regulation changes in April.

3 minutes ago, Liam said:

Not available anymore. It has been outlawed since the regulation changes in April.

I believe so, but not in Wales. I used to put small amounts, regularly, on top of Burnwell. This prevented it threatening the grate. Great heat, no smoke at all and I estimate it saved me 30-40% compared to using Burnwell alone. The ash wasn't as fine and powdery as it is with most ovoids, so less mess as well. My local merchant doesn't stock it unfortunately.     

13 hours ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

Still got three large sacks of petcoke sat in the shed, someone gave it to me cos he "couldn't get it to work on his barbecue" !