Jacket potatoes

Slim

Featured Posts

How I bake potatoes on a Squirrel stove. Rub some oil and salt in to the skin. Wrap in tin foil. Place at a front corner of the stove, on embers/ash, but not super active fire. After three quarters of an hour, use the stove tongs to turn the spud over to even out the cooking. Cook for another three quarters of an hour. This is for a medium size spud. Cooks evenly and browns the skin. Adjust time for bigger, or smaller spuds. When removing, I put the potato in a bowl and unwrap the tin foil in that so any ash sticking to the outside of the foil is contained, before transferring the spud to a plate.

• Greenie 3

12 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

How I bake potatoes on a Squirrel stove. Rub some oil and salt in to the skin. Wrap in tin foil. Place at a front corner of the stove, on embers/ash, but not super active fire. After three quarters of an hour, use the stove tongs to turn the spud over to even out the cooking. Cook for another three quarters of an hour. This is for a medium size spud. Cooks evenly and browns the skin. Adjust time for bigger, or smaller spuds. When removing, I put the potato in a bowl and unwrap the tin foil in that so any ash sticking to the outside of the foil is contained, before transferring the spud to a plate.

Berry-in-Wellies!

Thanks for the responses. When it gets a little colder and the stove is stoked up during the day I'll experiment. In the meanwhile I have discovered that you don't wrap one up in  foil, pop it in the ash tray  and forget about it overnight. A tad overdone, looked  just like a nugget of fuel.