Boat blacking

Dean4444

Featured Posts

£80 a day in the West Midlands I’d have expected a bit cheaper? 🤷‍♀️
But you must have phoned other yards to get an idea? 
I feel I got robbed using Hebden Bridge (up north) at £475 for 7 days. 
But I had little choice. 

Depends on what the yard can offer. Can you stay on the boat? Access to electric, water, pub, Elsen or whatever? Is there help available should you discover something that needs fixing that you can’t? 

If it’s for blacking,  I use the yard at Stone.  It turns out more cost effective for me with a 48’ boat to let them black the boat while I get on with other stuff. 
I can’t fault them. 

And it’s a really pleasant town to spend time in. 
I don’t know what there prices are now but I’m sure they used to charge £50 a day. But the catch there was the docking is a higher price. So it all swings in roundabouts. 

Thanks for your responses I tried to get the boat in earlier when the weather was better but 18 th of this month was the earliest I could get I've never blacked my boat as I've only had her 2 years so I'm new to this 👍😭😭😭

On 11/10/2021 at 19:25, Dean4444 said:

I've been quoted £400 pounds for a dry dock for 5 days do you all think that's reasonable or a bit steep I'm in the west midlands area thanks 👍👍👍👍

The marina we moor in charges 450 for five days but that is an indoors heated slipway (Heating costs extra)

14 minutes ago, Dean4444 said:

Feb 2020 mate 👍

Unless it was not done properly last time you should have at least another year before it needs doing again.

Who did it last time ?

As it was done in Feb. unless it was done in a heated dry-dock it would not have 'stuck' properly and that maybe why you need to do it again - If you do it now, the same may well happen again, ideally wait until May onwards to do it.

Done properly it should last at least 2 years and more normally 3 years.