Exploring the whole BCN

Double O

Featured Posts

13 hours ago, wandering snail said:

Brownhills is good on the Tescos side with great doggy walking opportunities opposite through the common there. Also Anglesey Arm to the reservoir and Cannock Extension are lovely with friendly locals who rarely see a boat on the move. We counted 19 red deer in a field half way up the Cannock! Do be prepared for all sorts of rubbish to frequently find its way on to your prop on the BCN, every time we do any of it we say never again.....:rolleyes:

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, IanD said:

Withymoor Island Trust is an excellent mooring spot, friendly and secure and the nearest point to Ma Pardoe's -- £10 deposit for a key, refunded when you leave. Ring to check if they've got space for a night, they usually have.

Thanks!

41 minutes ago, Double O said:

Thanks!

If you want to score the double of classic Black Country pubs, moor in the side arm just above Delph Bottom Lock and walk up to The Vine (aka The Bull and Bladder, Batham's brewery tap) -- nectar in a glass. I'd plan on an extended visit if I were you... 😉

• Greenie 1

I wonder whether any / many folks on here have looked at or made use of the vast amount of information available on "Life at 2.3 miles an hour" YT videos?

As a very infrequent visitor to the Birmingham and Black Country area, I find them most interesting in filling in the gaps left by current cruises and maps.

22 hours ago, Double O said:

We are looking to explore the whole BCN

If you want to explore the whole of the BCN, and not just the 100 miles or so currently navigable, then you need Richard Chester-Browne's book "The Other 60 Miles".

1855951261_Other60miles.jpg.4b6ecbb8ff1278182f125420673a408f.jpg

http://captainahabswaterytales.blogspot.com/2010/04/other-sixty-miles.html?m=1

Edited by David Mack

52 minutes ago, David Mack said:

If you want to explore the whole of the BCN, and not just the 100 miles or so currently navigable, then you need Richard Chester-Browne's book "The Other 60 Miles".

1855951261_Other60miles.jpg.4b6ecbb8ff1278182f125420673a408f.jpg

http://captainahabswaterytales.blogspot.com/2010/04/other-sixty-miles.html?m=1

Oohhh, interesting...

3 hours ago, IanD said:

If you want to score the double of classic Black Country pubs, moor in the side arm just above Delph Bottom Lock and walk up to The Vine (aka The Bull and Bladder, Batham's brewery tap) -- nectar in a glass. I'd plan on an extended visit if I were you... 😉

That's got my husband's vote 🤣

3 hours ago, OldGoat said:

I wonder whether any / many folks on here have looked at or made use of the vast amount of information available on "Life at 2.3 miles an hour" YT videos?

As a very infrequent visitor to the Birmingham and Black Country area, I find them most interesting in filling in the gaps left by current cruises and maps.

I think its very enjoyable

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Double O said:

Oohhh, interesting...

That's got my husband's vote 🤣

If you time it right you can do both in a day. We stayed the previous night in Stourbridge (Craddock's brewery tap), then got to the Bull and Bladder at lunchtime and had several pleasant hours there, the pootled along to Willeymoor and had the evening at Ma Pardoe's. A truly glorious day... 😉