Scrumbling

Dartagnan

Featured Posts

Cheated? I think not. I’ve grained umpteen cabins over 40 plus years with all of the furniture in place, apart from the bending to access doors in situ there is little difference. The door panels in the photograph I added were delivered by the customers in bare timber, all I had to do was add paint. In my early 70s, I’d far rather work comfortably at home than struggle on site. I doubt you’ve ever done either.....

• Greenie 1

14 hours ago, dave moore said:

Years ago I had a similar experience of charring caused by the bull eye. The boat was at Norton Canes at the time and I mentioned the issue to one of the moorers, by profession a scientist. He told me that whichever way the eye was fitted, the potential remained for charring to occur....or worse. His solution, which I adopted, was to fit a circle of frosted perspex to the base of the eye using a few dabs of silicon to hold it in place. The frosted texture dispersed the rays, preventing charring. The boat is now with new owners but the problem remains solved, I was with it only yesterday.

While I’m here, I favour quite a deep yellow undercoat for scumble. With light oak over the top, it gives a honey coloured effect which I liken to “ having the oil lamp lit before it is”

F6E32050-1457-47FF-BCC9-7F0336CE85AD.jpeg

the conversation of which way up the bullseye should be was had at the time.

conclusion ( several engineers and professional physicist ) no difference.

So roughed up glass and painted dot.

Never left tea towel on rod and removed cabin lace from area.

15 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Why not just take your doors off then

Because the hinges are welded on. I know if I really persisted I could grind the pin off and remove the doors but seems a lot of mess just to scumbe doors

15 hours ago, matty40s said:

That's what Tonkas wife is for...😀

And you have met her.