Whaley Bridge Mooring 14 day

ali.h

Featured Posts

May be able to moor for 14 days in Bugsworth in exchange for a contribution to the Charity that run it.

Not sure about Whaley Bridge as a lot of it is given over to permanent moorers but there is space for 2 or 3 boats on the offside just as you turn into the Bugsworth Arm.

On 29/09/2021 at 08:18, pearley said:

May be able to moor for 14 days in Bugsworth in exchange for a contribution to the Charity that run it.

Not sure about Whaley Bridge as a lot of it is given over to permanent moorers but there is space for 2 or 3 boats on the offside just as you turn into the Bugsworth Arm.

Most of which had not been taken up when we visited a few years ago. After chatting to one of the permitted moorers, we were able to moor on one of the vacant spaces for a couple of weeks with no difficulty. Things may have changed in more recent years, but it is worth a try.

2 hours ago, David Schweizer said:

Most of which had not been taken up when we visited a few years ago. After chatting to one of the permitted moorers, we were able to moor on one of the vacant spaces for a couple of weeks with no difficulty. Things may have changed in more recent years, but it is worth a try.

I didn't want to complicate things, David. We have moored on those for overnight but for longer, even though another moorer says it's ok, you might be unlucky enough to have an over officious CRT/Waterside Moorings checker come along.

33 minutes ago, captain birdseye said:

Drop down to Furness Vale and moor Marple side of the Swing bridge. Not far from the shops at New Mills and easy access to the same train line as Whalley Bridge if you need get anywhere 

That is a lovey spot. 
I’ve moored further along by the lift bridge too.  Lovely view out over the hills. 

As has been said, Bugsworth will let you stay longer if you make a donation or offer to help in some way. 
I did a day concreting and I was good for a fortnight then. 
Other times I have put a donation in at the shop.  Each time I visit something new has been done. The donations do go to a good cause.