Ship Location

Chris Lowe

Featured Posts

According to Wikipedia, at around the date of the photo Dalgety had 'branches at Melbourne and Geelong; Sydney and Newcastle; Brisbane, Rockhampton and Townsville; Adelaide; Perth, Fremantle, Kalgoorlie, Albany, Geraldton and Carnarvon; and in Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin, Napier and Wellington.'

The photo seems to have been taken by a Sydney photographer, looking at the writing at the bottom right.

9 hours ago, David Mack said:

The photo seems to have been taken by a Sydney photographer, looking at the writing at the bottom right.

I hadn't noticed that before and the original is a huge print on card.

9 hours ago, matty40s said:

Fremantle 

Thanks I'll check on that

1 hour ago, buccaneer66 said:

My family are wondering why we have this photo, it obviuosly meant a lot as it was in a pack with several other family photos, all mounted on stiff card and enlarged to between A3 & A2, I don't know what imperial size it is.

Any Kiwis in the family?  A friend sent it to one of your relatives who served with them in WWI? 

Kigoma was used as a transport ship to return the NZ Expeditionary Force after the first world war.

Edited by TheBiscuits
clarity