Rcr helped us and we will never forget how good knowledgeable they are

Glynda joyce

Featured Posts

On 26/09/2021 at 21:16, Glynda joyce said:

Never ever go anywhere without joining them they have saved  our life's twice and  just came out to our boat to make sure it was safe after abc marina serviced it and damaged it the rcr are amazing don't ever run them down.cant believe what they have done for us

Glynda's computer seems to be lacking a full stop or is it a phone difficulty?

Its not the facility to get an "engineer" to your boat that alarms me about RCR but the underhand business practices and the fresh paint recon units that they sell.

For someone with no aptitude to repair it themselves I am sure that they are wonderful.

Edited by Tracy D'arth

On 27/09/2021 at 10:43, MtB said:

And yet...

This "sad and negative person" is the author (IIRC) of the fantastically useful "canal Planner" programme given free to all boaters, and widely used and respected. Thank you StephenA!! 

https://canalplan.org.uk/cgi-bin/canal.cgi

Gosh I didn't know that! I second the thanks - don't know what we'd do without the fab app.

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Glynda's computer seems to be lacking a full stop or is it a phone difficulty?

Its not the facility to get an "engineer" to your boat that alarms me about RCR but the underhand business practices and the fresh paint recon units that they sell.

For someone with no aptitude to repair it themselves I am sure that they are wonderful.

If anyone isn't a bit suspicious of the business habits of insurance/rescue companies, they ought to be. AA and RAC are both notorious for overcharging for unnecessary batteries or tyres. All these people will get you out of trouble,  but you're paying extra for, I suppose  their "waiting around and not earning any money" time. It's a bit of a ripoff, but the alternative is learning to do it yourself, and if you can't be bothered then you can't really grumble about the price.

RCR don't pay their employed blokes much, so as soon as they're any good they tend to leave and go solo. Get one of their contractors and they're usually excellent. For a novice boater I think they're essential, as they are for an experienced but cackhanded and aged soul like me. For someone who really understand what makes their boat go, and doesn't panic when it doesn't, be a waste of money.

• Greenie 1