Rcr helped us and we will never forget how good knowledgeable they are

Glynda joyce

Featured Posts

All can say is after being told by abc marina. Who done a full service we almost drowned engine was overfilled with oil abc broke a pipe oil pouring out. Smoke everywhere oil everywhere marina told us we could go to one of there other marinas to get it sorted it was 100 miles away 161 locks away don't know how we got here then told we needed new engine called rcr out again. Nothing wrong with engine service put to much oil in wrong fan belt and they told us the truth

• Sad 1

The last RCR guy who came out to us was from ABC so you were lucky you didn't get the same person.

We were left with several litres of diesel in the bilges as the RCR guy didn't have any soak mats and opened up diesel pipes without any concern for where the fuel was going to go.

What was the life threatening situation you were left in...?

• Love 1

I've heard the good and the bad. Bronze cover came with our insurance and have to say, they were persistent in nailing the problem with our engine non-start, even though it took several call outs. This included a heavy battery being back packed a long walk down the towpath to get to us at one point and one of their engineers in particular persisting to get to the bottom of the problem.

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I suppose there has to be one sucess story, but it will never balance out the dozens of horror stories of RCR creating problems - just ask @Tracy D'arth

So sorry to hear that

2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Ah, I will get my wallet out and join them now, do you have the account number, sort code and membership forms available Glynda?

All I can say is if they had not come out to us we would be in trouble I would not be without them now.extremley helpful and nothing was to much 

7 minutes ago, Glynda joyce said:

Who done a full service we almost drowned engine was overfilled with oil abc broke a pipe oil pouring out. Smoke everywhere oil everywhere marina told us we could go to one of there other marinas to get it sorted it was 100 miles away 161 locks away don't know how we got here then told we needed new engine called rcr out again. Nothing wrong with engine service put to much oil in wrong fan belt and they told us the truth

That is exactly the sort of problems that people are getting with RCR - I wonder if it is because RCR subcontract the work out and one of the ones they use is ABC?

Edited by Alan de Enfield

5 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

The last RCR guy who came out to us was from ABC so you were lucky you didn't get the same person.

We were left with several litres of diesel in the bilges as the RCR guy didn't have any soak mats and opened up diesel pipes without any concern for where the fuel was going to go.

7 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Bowl thruster burst not sure how you spell that. 2 in the morning

11 minutes ago, Glynda joyce said:

So sorry to hear that

All I can say is if they had not come out to us we would be in trouble I would not be without them now.extremley helpful and nothing was to much 

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

When you quote someone, it helps if you write something in reply ..................

I have to prase when it's due and they have helped us don't know what we would have done without them

Praise 

44 minutes ago, wandering snail said:

I've heard the good and the bad. Bronze cover came with our insurance and have to say, they were persistent in nailing the problem with our engine non-start, even though it took several call outs. This included a heavy battery being back packed a long walk down the towpath to get to us at one point and one of their engineers in particular persisting to get to the bottom of the problem.

Just now, Glynda joyce said:

I know that is great so pleased you got it sorted I think they are amazing can't say more than that

19 minutes ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

Funnily enough,my exact thoughts...😉

How funny me 2

50 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Ah, I will get my wallet out and join them now, do you have the account number, sort code and membership forms available Glynda?

No I don't matter but they helped me to great extent and I can only thank them

35 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

You were using a what at 2am?

If it was a bow thruster I would have to ask why?  Never seen one burst, intrigued.

Yes it burst apparently it had rust on it for some reason I woke at 2 in the morning got up sat down my partner got up and said I can here water it was the bow thruster burst he stuck he's finger in the hole till help came itvwas really scary 

42 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

You were using a what at 2am?

If it was a bow thruster I would have to ask why?  Never seen one burst, intrigued.

4 minutes ago, Glynda joyce said:

Yes I did are you just ignorant  or a bored sole

Do soles get bored? I suppose being the bottom of a shoe must have its limitations...

Back on track - a friend had the misfortune to lose his boat this summer (due to weird EA behaviour with locks causing a sinking), RCR guys came to help float it and he has nothing but praise for their professionalism

Thank you they have been so good I just wanted to praise them I'm 70 years old and have so much respect for them after helping us. And have never meet such rude people in my life can't wait to get home back to London were people ate a lot more grateful thank you for that

2 minutes ago, Bacchus said:

Do soles get bored? I suppose being the bottom of a shoe must have its limitations...

Back on track - a friend had the misfortune to lose his boat this summer (due to weird EA behaviour with locks causing a sinking), RCR guys came to help float it and he has nothing but praise for their professionalism

Bless him