Had to create a new account

Featured Posts

Have been trying to get into my old account (new phone so didn't remember the password or automatically log me in).

Requested a password reminder numerous times but nothing ever showed up.

Tried to create a new account but it said one already existed with that email address so couldn't go any further.

Had to create a new one to post here !!

My old login was NewCanalBoy

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. I presume you still have access to the email address used? And have checked your spam folder?

I can manually reset your pw and email it to the account email address.

I can then also merge the two accounts, if both accounts PM me to confirm that. 

You can also get in touch with the site staff using staff@canalworld.net or our contact us form. 

@NewCanalBoy

Daniel

2 hours ago, BeerOnTheCut said:

Oh yeah - good point !

I definitely typed something out as I know what I said, must have forgot to hit the SEND button 🙄.

Please reset my password on the original account and send me the password. Merge the accounts - cheers.

If I read Daniels response correctly - the merge needs you to PM from both accounts - so he knows you are in charge of both of them...

9 hours ago, BeerOnTheCut said:

Hi, haven't received anything about this. Were you going to reset my password and email me - nothing received yet.

Cheers,

Simon

OR.... perhaps the email you used to create your old account is busted, which is why you received neither an email from dan nor the password reset notifications.

But 1st Ade is right too. Dan asked you to PM him from both accounts. PM = Private Message. Until you do that nothing will happen. 

1 hour ago, MtB said:

OR.... perhaps the email you used to create your old account is busted, which is why you received neither an email from dan nor the password reset notifications.

But 1st Ade is right too. Dan asked you to PM him from both accounts. PM = Private Message. Until you do that nothing will happen. 

I am still trying to understand how Beer on the cut can fulfil this request when he can't get into one of the accounts.  If he could get in there would be no need for the reset.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

I am still trying to understand how Beer on the cut can fulfil this request when he can't get into one of the accounts.  If he could get in there would be no need for the reset.

Exactly !! I can't send a DM from my original account as I cannot reset the password.

But I guess how can I prove the other account is me ? Good point - not sure ?!

The email is still in use and receiving and sending emails everyday.

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

And I don't seem to be able to send a DM as I'm a new user under this name, must be restricted until a certain time/amount of posts or something ?

Edited by BeerOnTheCut

13 minutes ago, BeerOnTheCut said:

And I don't seem to be able to send a DM as I'm a new user under this name, must be restricted until a certain time/amount of posts or something ?

I think you need to have made 10 posts before you can send a PM.  Another couple of posts should do it.