Mastervolt - 12v and 24v?

Mike on the Wey

Featured Posts

This might be a silly question, but if so at least it will be easy to answer. I am trying to help someone solve a charging problem. He has a Mastervolt Mass Combi 24/2500/60 inverter/charger. The 24v side (domestic) is receiving a charging current, but the 12v side (starter and bowthruster) is not - multimeter readings on the 12v side are identical whether on shore power or not. (Charging from the alternators is OK). 

So the question - does this inverter/charger have 12v AND 24v outputs, or just 24v? I know the clue is in the model number, but I need to know for sure please.

Thank you.

I recall that at one time you could get either a victron or mastervolt 24v combi with a 12v trickle charge as an option but it was short lived. I suggest that in your case it’s simply not connected to the 12v side. A simple way to do it would be a 24-12v battery to battery charger. I think adverc still do the Osca-P range of units. I’ve had a 12-24 unit fitted very happily for many years…I have 24v starting but 12v domestics & alternator. 

• Greenie 1

10 minutes ago, Mike on the Wey said:

Thank you so much for the swift response - received while I was still on his boat! 

These are what you want. One of the smaller units would be fine if it’s just to keep the 12v side maintained while on hook up….

https://adverc.co.uk/products/dc-dc-chargers

Other manufacturers do the same but I’ve not used them! 

4 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Don't buy a Victron dc-dc charger. Having a Victron and Mastervolt product in use on the same boat will cause an opening in the structure of space-time, leading to an expanding region of negation and bringing about the end of the universe. So don't do that OK?

Only if the fuse has blown in your infinite improbability drive, Shirley.