Gas Refill prices?

Nick-Now

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, frangar said:

Good grief!! Was that at a marina or somewhere like a garage or garden centre? Away from the cut ive often found the best deals at builders merchants....roofers dont like paying out for anything!

It was from the NISA shop at Billing Aquadrome. I was in the area with the empty bottle in the back of the car. It's where I used to go when I was moored there.

I'd been to Oundle marina a couple of weeks in a row and they didn't have any 13kg bottles.

8 minutes ago, blackrose said:

The price I paid today might not be so far from usual. From the Calor website and even more expensive from another gas supplier.

image.png.c36ea6aaeb296098e2782a95acdf0351.png

image.png.46469b797670f992a6acbf367bc99527.png

But there are cheaper suppliers too. Prices vary wildly

image.png.1bb76269726cf4c574ce616eb06cc59b.png

The calor page you’ve posted is patio gas…same propane but different connector for which they charge more. Standard 13kg propane rrp is £39.99. 

The go outdoors shops used to do it at a decent price too. 

As you say prices do vary a lot. I once had to get some from a garage when I was running a show and desperate…..I needed a lie down. 

On 25/09/2021 at 12:30, Nick-Now said:

I am guessing that gas refills have shot up since the gas price increase? I was considering swapping my bottles to LPG using FloGas just called for a price of a refill and it was £36! 

What are you all currently paying? 

I understand Calor own Flogas, so it's not a free market, I paid £40 for Calor Propane delivered, it's the standard price round here. I think it's £4.00 more than a year ago. 

I don't use the oven much, so gas lasts 4 to six months, not a significant cost to be honest. 

There are gas bottles that are self re-fill, I don't know more than that. 

Edited by LadyG

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

I understand Calor own Flogas, so it's not a free market, I paid £40 for Calor Propane delivered, it's the standard price round here. I think it's £4.00 more than a year ago. 

I don't use the oven much, so gas lasts 4 to six months, not a significant cost to be honest. 

There are gas bottles that are self re-fill, I don't know more than that. 

I don't know about 'self refill', we got some gas in Castleford a few years back from a place that independently refilled the bottles that was cheap. Turned out it was cheap because they short changed the bottles, a 13Kg bottle last us 8 weeks, except when we got it from Castleford when it lasted five and a half weeks:huh:, I think it is called 'live and learn'.