Boating survey - advice

nts

Featured Posts

Failed at being unable to give my use as more than "a few times a year" but not as many as "a few times a week". And then found that my boat type is classed as "Other", as I imagine will be the case for most folk on here. In other words, the survey is not really about the likes of us.

I classed it as "other" and "narrowboat". From the questions it would seem probably not aimed at narrowboats, as I can't really think of any particular issues eating. Nor for storage really... I figure if storage is a problem, either you have too much stuff or your boat is too small or both.

On 24/09/2021 at 18:57, JamesWoolcock said:

What a useless survey seemingly wanting to know whether I have difficulty eating on board. Rubbish and I said so.

Hold on, you are in no position to assess the 'usefulness' of the survey. You have no idea why the data was requested or what the information will be used for (other than for the OP's project as stated). 

I get the impression the poster is perhaps quite young, perhaps still at school so cut her some slack.  My guess is a school project learning about how to design and conduct a survey. Don't be such a curmudgeon. 

5 hours ago, MtB said:

Hold on, you are in no position to assess the 'usefulness' of the survey. You have no idea why the data was requested or what the information will be used for (other than for the OP's project as stated). 

I get the impression the poster is perhaps quite young, perhaps still at school so cut her some slack.  My guess is a school project learning about how to design and conduct a survey. Don't be such a curmudgeon. 

I second that.

It reminds me of a survey (not about boats) one of my grandchildren sent me a few months ago which related to a school project. Without knowing the age etc of the OP it's rather harsh to be highly critical.

20 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I have tried to fit our boats and lifestyle into the boxes, but have added this at the end in comments.

We use our boats as a liveaboard for 4 to 6 months at a time, for the Summer and then odd weeks in the Winter, are we liveaboards or a few times a week boaters ?

Is your catamaran in the water or on the bank?

Hi all! Thanks so much for all the responses - some have been really useful for my project but i do understand that they may seem strange without the context. Essentially I am doing a GCSE Design and Technology project, where i am supposed to get a lot of feedback and responses with advice, comments from lots of people, which is why i posted the survey here in order for me to learn some more, before designing a product that will basically solve people's possible problems. 

The survey actually got so many responses so its reached the maximum limit for the number of responses! So I've unfortunately not been able to actually see the last few (the ones posted yesterday onwards) which I actually assume would be the more helpful ones, after the people who didn't understand what i was doing. 

Anyway to anyone who sees this I've opened a new link here for any responses still coming in and if you did complete it yesterday or today it would be amazing if you had the chance if you could just fill it out really quickly again! Thanks so much 

the new link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/GSSG3YK

• Greenie 3

43 minutes ago, nts said:

Hi all! Thanks so much for all the responses - some have been really useful for my project but i do understand that they may seem strange without the context. Essentially I am doing a GCSE Design and Technology project, where i am supposed to get a lot of feedback and responses with advice, comments from lots of people, which is why i posted the survey here in order for me to learn some more, before designing a product that will basically solve people's possible problems. 

The survey actually got so many responses so its reached the maximum limit for the number of responses! So I've unfortunately not been able to actually see the last few (the ones posted yesterday onwards) which I actually assume would be the more helpful ones, after the people who didn't understand what i was doing. 

Anyway to anyone who sees this I've opened a new link here for any responses still coming in and if you did complete it yesterday or today it would be amazing if you had the chance if you could just fill it out really quickly again! Thanks so much 

Good for you, You have a bag full but are happy to go the extra mile to collect a few more. I wish you every success 

3 hours ago, nts said:

Bet the old gits feel a bit tight now. Well done and good luck with your survey.