Victron 12/2500/230 MultiPlus

Featured Posts

Hi All

Very Quick question :-

We have a Victron 12/2500/230 Multiplus  and a bank of  4 110aH Domestic batteries

charger / Inverter 

All at slightly different voltage levels due to old school wiring practices :-)

If I do the flick of the toggle to give them a "Forced Absorb"  charge. My question is will this do an equalisation charge.

or

Am I better singly changing them all remotly and seperately  ?

Reason for asking is they will be rewired sensibly in not to distant future and would like to start off in a know state

Thank you for reading 

Andy

31 minutes ago, andybarrett1 said:

Hi All

Very Quick question :-

We have a Victron 12/2500/230 Multiplus  and a bank of  4 110aH Domestic batteries

charger / Inverter 

All at slightly different voltage levels due to old school wiring practices 🙂

If I do the flick of the toggle to give them a "Forced Absorb"  charge. My question is will this do an equalisation charge.

or

Am I better singly changing them all remotly and seperately  ?

Reason for asking is they will be rewired sensibly in not to distant future and would like to start off in a know state

Thank you for reading 

Andy

Personally I would charge them in situ. The ideal wiring layout is not as critical as some seem to think providing the battery cables, including interconnects are of adequate cross sectional area.

Please be aware that a true equalisation charge needs to last until the temperature corrected specific gravity readings and tail current have remained constant for 90 minutes.

Therefore you may well need to flick the "Forced Absorb" charge toggle off and on again a few times.