Trouble Posting pictures on here Mb limit.

Featured Posts

So sorry folk but I tend to snap away on my iphone7. Im now paying Apple for the privilege of doing, its .79p a month. I am not sure if its that or perhaps my Iphone just gobbles Mb but somehow and possibly related this seems to cause most pictures to be well over the 2.9mb allowed on here. 

I have at last realised that if I post one picture of 2.5mb then another of 2.4mb as a reply the two appear on the original posting. 

I still cant crack the over 2.9mb pictures though. 

I know there is resizing software but sadly I simply cant get one to work via my iphone at all. 

What I do to post pictures  is to click on the choose file which takes me to my picture library but thats generally it as the Mb is too much for most images especially any with the telephoto facility. I think Im right in saying that immediately taken pics not looked at appear to have less Mb than those opened but that seems strange, unless somethings happened in "The cloud" As for videos, forget it, all way over Mb. 

Oddly I cant seem to find a recent topic on this, so perhaps its just me thats having troubles?  

6 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

Oddly I cant seem to find a recent topic on this, so perhaps its just me thats having troubles?  

No, we have just got used to the forum limitations and accept, that for what members pay we get a good forum.

Just use resizing or hosting software, try this one :

Postimages — free image hosting / image upload

You can then just insert it into your post (no size issues)

6 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

So sorry folk but I tend to snap away on my iphone7. Im now paying Apple for the privilege of doing, its .79p a month. I am not sure if its that or perhaps my Iphone just gobbles Mb but somehow and possibly related this seems to cause most pictures to be well over the 2.9mb allowed on here. 

I have at last realised that if I post one picture of 2.5mb then another of 2.4mb as a reply the two appear on the original posting. 

I still cant crack the over 2.9mb pictures though. 

I know there is resizing software but sadly I simply cant get one to work via my iphone at all. 

What I do to post pictures  is to click on the choose file which takes me to my picture library but thats generally it as the Mb is too much for most images especially any with the telephoto facility. I think Im right in saying that immediately taken pics not looked at appear to have less Mb than those opened but that seems strange, unless somethings happened in "The cloud" As for videos, forget it, all way over Mb. 

The quickest and easiest way I have found of re sizing images taken on my Pixel phone is to take a screenshot of the photo and upload that to here instead.

11 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

The quickest and easiest way I have found of re sizing images taken on my Pixel phone is to take a screenshot of the photo and upload that to here instead.

This is exactly what I do,it only takes seconds. have just done this on the Severn Valley Railaway thread

5 minutes ago, Loddon said:

I tend to display the picture on my phone screen, take a screenshot and post that, normally comes well under the limit.

Screenshot_20210921-130156.png

best to edit the screenshot first to get rid of the surrounding stuff

Edited by Tim Lewis

So for me  the screenshot comes up with the same Mb as the original ? 5.9Mb for a simple picture of a building in full sunshine! Is it something to do with the cloud? 

So I take the screenshot then go to the posting on here choose file and pick the screenshot from my library of photos. I think I must be doing something wrong? 

2 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

So for me  the screenshot comes up with the same Mb as the original ? 5.9Mb for a simple picture of a building in full sunshine! Is it something to do with the cloud? 

So I take the screenshot then go to the posting on here choose file and pick the screenshot from my library of photos. I think I must be doing something wrong? 

Sounds like a peculiarity of Apple. On my Android phone it saves the screenshot on the phone in a smaller size. It does then upload to 'the cloud' via. Google Photos but at the same smaller size. I then have duplicates on both my phone and Google photos. I just delete the screenshot versions after uploading here.

I have not kept up to speed on how Apple stuff works since ditching them a few years back. Sorry, somebody else may know though.

@Alan de Enfield 's method works too btw.

Is this any good, just googled for it

How to resize photos on your iPhone and iPad
  1. Launch Image Size from your Home screen.
  2. Tap the Image Icon in the upper right corner. ...
  3. Tap the image you would like to resize.
  4. Tap Choose in the lower right corner.
  5. Select your image resize option at the top of the page.

6 hours ago, Stroudwater1 said:

You must be!

I have just tried the screen shot method on my Iphone, the original file is 5564kb and the cropped screen shot is 930kb

5 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Is this any good, just googled for it

How to resize photos on your iPhone and iPad
  1. Launch Image Size from your Home screen.
  2. Tap the Image Icon in the upper right corner. ...
  3. Tap the image you would like to resize.
  4. Tap Choose in the lower right corner.
  5. Select your image resize option at the top of the page.

Image Size is not an built in Iphone option, it is an app that has to be downloaded

19 minutes ago, MtB said:

Yet another way in which the iPhone "just works".

Yet  another way an Android phone 'just works'.

As per my earlier posts, my Pixel 4 does exactly the same.

Oh hang on..........

You don’t need to download an app to do it on an iPhone, just set up a shortcut to do it as below. 

A96AC267-7966-4895-A6B4-BB7A5CF86877.jpeg.f7c383644b952a767748859cf547a816.jpeg

When that’s done you just have to select the picture, choose resize image and tell it what size you require and it will make a resized copy.