Caldon closed, low water levels

Dave123

Featured Posts

13 hours ago, BEngo said:

Not sure why you think the Kelvin will accelerate you into poverty.   If you look after it properly,  sacrifice a bottle of  Teacher's  each  solstice and read it Rabbie Burns poetry  from time to time it will not let you down and cost you only the oil to lubricate it, the petrol to start it and the diesel you burn.

Mine has run for 30 years  since it was reassembled and installed. It has been from Sharpness to Bristol , down the Trent and round most of the canal network.   There have been two breakdowns:   a magneto coil failure and an impulse drive failure.

If you need help with sacrificing Teachers PM me.  If you need help with Rabbie Burns, dont!

N

How many hours has it done?

50 minutes ago, BEngo said:

Get her to use Peek, it is much better than the c@rp that passes for modern Brasso.  It is also cheaper in 1l tins on line.

I should think that anything from McGonagall is likely to cause multiple simultaneous failures!  Sea shanties and fishermen songs might be an alternative to Rabbie.

N

I have put your advice to my daughter.

She flatly refuses to use anything other than Brasso because she is addicted to the smell. Having started by polishing our copper kettle at the age of 6 she says it is too late to change now. She has also decided she will read it the works of McGonagall because although she despises him, she sees multiple engine failures as a highly effective way of getting out of having to do locks. She is disappointed that it requires the sacrifice of Teachers, rather than her teachers, which she would happily volunteer to do (The Wicker Man springs to mind).

More work required here!

Alec

Edit: I have just introduced her to Barkeeper's Friend and she is suitably impressed (and now polishing the kettle with it) so there is hope!

Edited by agg221
updating on progress made with educating daughter