Fridge Behaviour

noether

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

To be honest, I have found your conduct here in turn baffling, annoying and nonsensical. There is no point in asking for help and when offered sticking your fingers in your ears and repeating "I don't want to do that".

Still it's your life, your money,and your boat so you can do as you wish. You are probably correct in that you are not suited to life on a boat.

I'm free to post on the internet if I wish, you are free to offer advice or not if you wish, and I am free to choose to accept it or not. 

(although what have I done that "annoyed" you?? Seems a rather strong reaction).

5 hours ago, noether said:

supermarkets deliver, 

As a matter of interest, which supermarkets do you use, and is it fairly straightforward? How do they let you know they have arrived in the car park, and does the driver carry the stuff to your boat, or do you have to carry it from the car park.

I ask because I have seen some here who have had difficulty getting supermarkets to deliver to them at a marina, or a mooring, so your experience could be helpful.

10 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

As a matter of interest, which supermarkets do you use, and is it fairly straightforward? How do they let you know they have arrived in the car park, and does the driver carry the stuff to your boat, or do you have to carry it from the car park.

I ask because I have seen some here who have had difficulty getting supermarkets to deliver to them at a marina, or a mooring, so your experience could be helpful.

Crumbs, I've gone from being an insufferably ignorant drama-queen noob to being asked for my advice in the space of about 20 minutes! I feel as if the captain of the football team has just asked me to take off my glasses and let down my hair. 

All the major supermarkets deliver as far as I know (Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Asda), I've even heard of people having food deliveries to random parts of the canal ("please be at this bridge in this post code at this time"), the drivers'll do pretty much whatever you ask them to (within reason) - and in fact, every driver we've had has been a cheerful delight, I keep expecting a grump to turn up eventually but it hasn't happened yet - you can go out to their van, they'll carry the stuff to your boat, you go back and forth carrying and they'll help you etc. Yes, it's very easy. 

Well there you have it 👍

Supermarkets sell multimeters !!

Get one with your next tea and biscuit delivery. 

First thing to do when it’s delivered is check it’s working by twisting the dial to random positions and watch numbers flash about, then chuck to the back of a draw and forget about it. 

I’ve two somewhere…

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Goliath said:

Well there you have it 👍

First thing to do when it’s delivered is check it’s working by twisting the dial to random positions and watch numbers flash about, then chuck to the back of a draw and forget about it. 

I’ve two somewhere…

I'd be surprised if they sell them for delivery, tends to be just food and such, although I haven't looked. 

Of course I could just say that I've bought one, and then everyone on here would stop asking me about it.....

5 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Well there you have it 👍

I’ve two somewhere…

It's pointless.  He doesn't want to help himself.

Just now, doratheexplorer said:

6 minutes ago, noether said:

I'd be surprised if they sell them for delivery, tends to be just food and such, although I haven't looked. 

Of course I could just say that I've bought one, and then everyone on here would stop asking me about it.....

I don’t mind lending you one of the two I can’t find, do you want the yellow one or the black one?

10 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

Hang on a minute, you were on my team the other day! What gives? Did D'arth Vader nobble you with promises of divvying up my crappy canal boat after I'm out of the picture?

On 20/09/2021 at 09:28, doratheexplorer said:

Fair dos.  In another few weeks it may be cold enough to turn the fridge off and keep your food outside in a cool-box.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Don’t know about that.

I’m sure there was once a general agreement that every boater looked like Harold Shipman. ?

I actually waved and shouted hello recently to a bloke steering his boat, full Harold Shipman look but it was the wrong Harold Shipman if you get my drift

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Don’t know about that.

I’m sure there was once a general agreement that every boater looked like Harold Shipman. ?

Ok, that one did actually get me 🤣

Of course I was referring to the lady boaters being fabulous like Naomi Campbell, I'm sure all the blokes look like beardy OAP-snuffers. 

22 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

I'll take Reese Witherspoon if you don't mind.

We must be on the same marina then, because the other day I could have sworn I saw Reese Witherspoon sashaying along the towpath like Naomi Campbell, past some bloke that looked like Harold Shipman.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, noether said:

We must be on the same marina then, because the other day I could have sworn I saw Reese Witherspoon sashaying along the towpath like Naomi Campbell, past some bloke that looked like Harold Shipman.

You wouldn't catch me in a marina, unless I was getting diesel or something.

21 minutes ago, BlueStringPudding said:

BSP already knows about your Professor Alice Roberts fixation. And quite frankly, BSP approves. 

Fun fact:  I once had breakfast with Alice Roberts.  She was just as lovely 'in the flesh'.