Canal access fob - Where is it used?

DHutch

Featured Posts

We have this little electronic door access fob, which I believe is for facilities on a certain can and or in a certain region. 

However I have to my knowledge never used or needed it, certainly not in the last ten years, and now I'm unsure what is used for or if it still works!

Thoughts welcome.

Daniel

20210911_143818.jpg

34 minutes ago, DHutch said:

We have this little electronic door access fob, which I believe is for facilities on a certain can and or in a certain region. 

However I have to my knowledge never used or needed it, certainly not in the last ten years, and now I'm unsure what is used for or if it still works!

Thoughts welcome.

Daniel

20210911_143818.jpg

We had one like that for the security gates at Mercia Marina (and the storage yard where we once kept our caravan).

Have you ever moored in a marina? 

Edited by The Happy Nomad

28 minutes ago, haggis said:

We used one like that on the lancaster

When we visited the Lancaster 10  years or so ago the info said a tag was required to access some facilities. When we tried to get one were told it was no longer needed.

On 16/09/2021 at 08:17, Jen-in-Wellies said:

It is a common gadget. Could be for access to anything anywhere! 

Granted, I have had one the same for one place of work, and likewise for Lowri's flat. You can get them in all colours. But blue/green seems much more common then red/orange!

However, what I want to know is what this one is for! 😆

On 16/09/2021 at 08:30, haggis said:

We used one like that on the lancaster

On 16/09/2021 at 09:00, pearley said:

When we visited the Lancaster 10  years or so ago the info said a tag was required to access some facilities. When we tried to get one were told it was no longer needed.

Ahhh. Now that could be it. 

My gut feeling is it is for somewhere north, that I've not been to. The Lancaster fits that in a way not many places do. Also for facilities, not a Marina. 

At which point, it seems like it is now defunct!

Daniel