Offer from "3"

GUMPY

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, DaveP said:

I've let a Three contract run-on after the minimum period (the old One Plan) until they shafted everyone by withdrawing it and essentially doubling the price.  But for a couple of years it was great; as far as I recall, they essentially keep you on the same deal, but it's on 30 days notice, so if you're happy there's no need to take out a new contract. So, are they shafting customers again by withdrawing contracts over their minimum period?

If I do nowt I go onto the same benefits but a higher cost per month. I think they have become wise to rolling contracts following a good deal to retain the customer 12/24 months ago. I will of course speak to them.

2 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

If I do nowt I go onto the same benefits but a higher cost per month. I think they have become wise to rolling contracts following a good deal to retain the customer 12/24 months ago. I will of course speak to them.

If you're happy with the 3 Network then Smarty offers very good value at various levels of data and you need to commit to 1 month at a time. You can easily switch between data levels each month. I use far less away from the boat so it's good to be able to change this easily.

I'm only switching to Plusnet/EE for the phone (now that my existing referral free weeks and cashback are both exhausted) so that my boat has 2 networks available.

I would keep Smarty and switch the Huawei wi-fi device to EE but their pre-paid SIMs are much more expensive than the 3 SIMs I buy on Amazon when camelcamelcamel.co.uk notifies me that they've dropped to under £40 for the 24GB/24 month one. 

I use MSE for the comparisons https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheap-mobile-finder/sim-only/

Three are cheap for a reason.  Slow speeds and abysmal customer service if anything goes wrong. 

The way they treated me was criminal and I'll never go near them again.

It comes to something when a company delberately leaks your data to a criminal gang, then allows your phone number to be stolen, leaving you with nothing and a massive security breach extending to bank accounts and all sorts.  Then when the bill isn't paid, they refer immediately to a debt collector who sends threatening letters.  And to this day no apology, no compensation (despite all sorts of promises).  No matter how bad O2, Vodafone can be I truly doubt they're in the same league as Three.

• Greenie 2

I am on 3 at home and Smarty when away as I can stop smarty when I am not caravaning/boating. My useage when away is below 50gb a month so when we next go away I am going to add a 1pmobile SIM so that I have the use of EE if Smarty fails, which it hasn't yet😎

https://www.1pmobile.com/data-SIM.taf

I've been using Smarty for a while, I look being able to change plan and only renew when we are going to be on the boat. When I've worked from the boat I've used their unlimited plan, when we are on holiday I use one of the other plans and when we aren't on the boat I don't renew.

• Greenie 1

Just had a conversation with 1pmobile re data.

You can stop and start the 50gb data boost. 

You can also pay for it from credit on the phone so no worries about leaving the phone inactive for too long, phone will die 30 days after a boost has been used if you haven't added credit in the previous 120 days. lt will also die if left more than 120days without credit being added. If you see what I mean 😎

12 hours ago, Loddon said:

This is cheaper still on. 3 and no contract.

https://smarty.co.uk/plans/12gb-data

If you use this link to sign up we both get a free month😁

https://i.smarty.co.uk/juliant-139

Ha. That's only a quid more than I'm paying for 7GB. But I do get a refund most months cos I hardly use mobile data so ain't gonna take this one up :)