Offer from "3"

GUMPY

Featured Posts

That's lovely, but for 3 weeks here now, internet and phone signal has been abysmal and nobody at 3 can tell us when it will be fixed. Kathy cant work from home or have her Zoom music lessons.

So far complained with 8 calls, 3 online chat sessions and all we get is, very sorry to hear, we will endeavour to help you. 

Deadline of this Saturday given, or all our contracts will be cancelled.

1pmobile which uses EE could get you (Matty) out of a hole £15 for 50gb lasts 30 days.

3 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Ive been caught twice with 3 contracts, never ever again. I pay a few quid more for a proper service.

Obviosly cant be O2 as its crap, almost no signal here and no internet at all.

Edited by Loddon
  • Greenie 1

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Ive been caught twice with 3 contracts, never ever again. I pay a few quid more for a proper service.

Who with?

We have 3 and O2 and up in Yorkshire O2 was good but since we've been ambling about on the Oxford and upper Thames O2 has not been much good, but 3 has always worked, though often slowly.

I can never ever bring myself to go with Vodafone ever again, they were crooks when I last dealt with them.

3 did not of course work in Heyford.

We met some hire boaters who moored there for the day, their daughter was coming to visit walking along the towpath, they told her to give them a call when she got close 😀

9 minutes ago, peterboat said:

I have had 3 for years with few problems, now on a sim only deal which works great for me 

Three..............

Excellent coverage

Cheap

A sort of genuine "unlimited" option

Can be very slow (network overloaded, mostly due to above advantages)

Awful customer service (just hope it never goes wrong)

1 minute ago, Jon57 said:

Smarty ?

I switched from 3 PAYG to Smarty (still on the 3 network) about 5 months ago. Very happy with it except for the fact that I use an excellent value pre-paid 3 sim in my wi-fi device.

That means on the relatively rare occasion the wi-fi device gets no internet I am also unable to use my phone's hotspot.

For this reason I'm probably going to switch my phone over to (the slightly dearer) Plusnet at the end of the current month. In the absence of a 3 signal I will then have an EE signal on my phone as backup.

1 hour ago, DaveP said:

Something to note is the new trick on annual increases - used to be RPI, now it's 4.5% each year on new contracts....

And for new phone contract users they (like the others) will not only be charging for EU roaming but also dropping 'roam like home' in all the non EU countries they used to provide this for.

Of course if you are a hermit and still wont be travelling after the pandemic this wont matter. But to jump from zero to £5 a day to use your phone in say the US seems like a pee take.

My very cheap 3 contract finishes soon. Unlimited minutes and texts 12 go data @£8.11 a month. Sim in my phone. We have a dongle unlimited with EE.

To have the same allowances need to go 24 month contract and it’s dearer. To go 4gb data is dearer.

Id rather stay as is, but it’s not an option.

18 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

My very cheap 3 contract finishes soon. Unlimited minutes and texts 12 go data @£8.11 a month. Sim in my phone. We have a dongle unlimited with EE.

To have the same allowances need to go 24 month contract and it’s dearer. To go 4gb data is dearer.

I've let a Three contract run-on after the minimum period (the old One Plan) until they shafted everyone by withdrawing it and essentially doubling the price.  But for a couple of years it was great; as far as I recall, they essentially keep you on the same deal, but it's on 30 days notice, so if you're happy there's no need to take out a new contract. So, are they shafting customers again by withdrawing contracts over their minimum period?

Edited by DaveP

Depends on where you are. We had a good service from 3 when we lived at Weedon but since we moved to the GULL we've had no service from them and had to take out a contract with EE.

As for dealing with mobile phone companies I get the impression that they don't want any contact with their customers. 

9 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

This is cheaper still on. 3 and no contract.

https://smarty.co.uk/plans/12gb-data

If you use this link to sign up we both get a free month😁

https://i.smarty.co.uk/juliant-139

• Greenie 1

16 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Weedon was a great service until 3 weeks ago, since then, awful, but you cant get them to admit or realise there is an fault that needs fixing.

The below stock reaponses continuesd for half an hour.... 

Screenshot_20210913-214713_Chrome.jpg

Can't see how they can deny a fault, their own system says there is one and they are working on it.

Screenshot_20210915-082551.png