Boat Insurance - comprehensive cover for an older boat.

Polly molly

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Polly molly said:

Can anyone tell me if there is an insurance company that will insure a Springer boat. We can only find 3rd party insurance. 

A springer will be quite old now so you will probably need a hull survey for most if not all insurance companies. Have you got a recent survey?

1 hour ago, Polly molly said:

Can anyone tell me if there is an insurance company that will insure a Springer boat. We can only find 3rd party insurance. 

Third party insurance is all you need to get a license. But if you want comprehensive, try craftinsure.com. I've never noticed them ask about the builder, they just want basic details and a hull survey report IIRC, once the boat is 30 years old. 

30 minutes ago, MtB said:

Third party insurance is all you need to get a license. But if you want comprehensive, try craftinsure.com. I've never noticed them ask about the builder, they just want basic details and a hull survey report IIRC, once the boat is 30 years old. 

IIRC "Insure4boats" it's 40 years.

But, when my boat passed its 30th birthday I asked Craftinsure about the need for a survey and they waived it in return for a slightly increased premium, I think it was about £30 extra pa which is a damn sight cheaper than a survey every 4/5 years.

• Greenie 1