Above lock 44

Boaty Jo

Featured Posts

Jeez the Rochdale is in a state at the mo isn't it.  I know it often has "issues" but what with the lock closures as well...  We're supposed to be doing it on a hire boat at the end of the month and I'm thinking it was a mistake.

Spotted this van the other day, the CRT logo caught my eye and I looked the company up on the internet. 
They’re supposed to go around collecting trolleys. Had never heard of them. I’ve downloaded their app. You take a photo of an abandoned trolley and send it on to them. They claim to recover trolleys from canals. 
Next time I see a trolley I’ll test them. 

3C6EA11F-7923-4596-A394-EB686B0F015B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

Thats because they were all in Lock 6 on the Hudds Broad :D 

1E6DDED8-24B9-4591-8DF3-A9985CC1BA68.jpeg

They did similar in one of the pounds in the Aston flight on the Birmingham & Fazeley recently after somebody left the paddles open. Not as much as that but a fair old haul nevertheless. 

2 hours ago, Goliath said:

Spotted this van the other day, the CRT logo caught my eye and I looked the company up on the internet. 
They’re supposed to go around collecting trolleys. Had never heard of them. I’ve downloaded their app. You take a photo of an abandoned trolley and send it on to them. They claim to recover trolleys from canals. 
Next time I see a trolley I’ll test them. 

3C6EA11F-7923-4596-A394-EB686B0F015B.jpeg

There was quite a lot of publicity about Trolleywise when they were first established, but it all seems to have gone very quiet since.

They are funded by the supermarkets, but I have heard that if you report a trolley from a supermarket which isn't part of the scheme, they will leave it in the canal!

50 minutes ago, David Mack said:

There was quite a lot of publicity about Trolleywise when they were first established, but it all seems to have gone very quiet since.

They are funded by the supermarkets, but I have heard that if you report a trolley from a supermarket which isn't part of the scheme, they will leave it in the canal!

But if the trolley is facing wheels up how can they know? Or is it catch and release?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Neil2 said:

Jeez the Rochdale is in a state at the mo isn't it.  I know it often has "issues" but what with the lock closures as well...  We're supposed to be doing it on a hire boat at the end of the month and I'm thinking it was a mistake.

Most of the section, Littleborough to Mytholmroyd, that I walk and cycle is pretty good most of the time. And very pleasant.