Is this the right boat for liveaboard canal cruising?

Amara

Featured Posts

22 minutes ago, Athy said:

No, I don't, and I've nothing against academic. It is, though, a shame that you see something which you admit is "happy" as also being "contentious".

Yes, house prices vary in different parts of the country. They always have done, at least during my adult life. That means that the owners of properties in S.E. England (for example) or Cambridge have had to work harder to pay for them.

In different contexts, of course.

I'm not sure how you reach the conclusion that folk in the south east have to work harder to pay for their homes than people in the North, say.  But I don't see the relevance anyway.  Let's say in the last 20 years house values in the South have risen by a factor of six, and at the same time house values in the north have risen by a factor of three, that is not a product of "hard work", it is good fortune based on the factors of supply and demand.  

For example, my wife's mother was quite wealthy when she was admitted to a care home because of her dementia.  By the time she died she was left with whatever was the means test ceiling at the time, around £20,000 I think.  Her wealth was almost entirely due to the fact that the family had moved to the Cotswolds when property was still relatively cheap and the house had escalated in value over many years.  The money from the sale of her property paid for the intensive care she needed in the last ten years of her life and to me, and my wife, that seemed entirely reasonable.  This is not the popular view, it seems.  

11 minutes ago, Neil2 said:

I'm not sure how you reach the conclusion that folk in the south east have to work harder to pay for their homes than people in the North, say. 

Because the homes cost more to buy. Therefore people need to ear more money to buy them.

14 minutes ago, Neil2 said:

The money from the sale of her property paid for the intensive care she needed in the last ten years of her life and to me, and my wife, that seemed entirely reasonable.  This is not the popular view, it seems.  

Why not? Having a nest egg for a rainy day (now how about that for a mixed metaphor?) is prudent and sensible, as any reasonable person can see.

Anyway back to the OP’s question. It’s obvious that the boat has been refurbished on hard standing to appeal to the young London livaboard with it’s white IKEA interior, I would be highly weary of this boat as it is what it is, a quick refurb to sell to a young Newbie after cheap accommodation, basically a 60 minute makeover on a boat, don’t be taken in by the fresh paint and cheap furnishings.

No pictures of the engine.

Edited by PD1964