Who's responsible?

Davids

Featured Posts

On 15/09/2021 at 07:47, The Happy Nomad said:

This is the same type of flawed thinking that lead to the idiots blocking the M25 this week protesting about lack of govt. action around house insulation.

Why on earth inconvenience others because you cant get your boat out?

As I said many posts ago carefully drag the offending boat out the way and then replace it. That is the only type of 'direct action' these selfish folk understand.

But the OP can’t be expected to do that every time surely? Ask yourself is the M25 protest more or less likely to get action than the millions of appeals they’ve made via what should be the best way, requests and discussions. I don’t  condone that extent of action but totally understand why they got to that position. 
In this case it’s minor inconvenience asking for CRT to act, and more about publicising CRT inadequacy. 
I did say out of season, chains that can be unlocked and staging it with mates boats. I’m not talking about blockage of Hillmorton for the next three weeks! 

1 hour ago, Stroudwater1 said:

But the OP can’t be expected to do that every time surely? Ask yourself is the M25 protest more or less likely to get action than the millions of appeals they’ve made via what should be the best way, requests and discussions. I don’t  condone that extent of action but totally understand why they got to that position. 
In this case it’s minor inconvenience asking for CRT to act, and more about publicising CRT inadequacy. 
I did say out of season, chains that can be unlocked and staging it with mates boats. I’m not talking about blockage of Hillmorton for the next three weeks! 

Blocking the M25 gets a bit of media coverage but is highly unlikely to change policy and merely pisses people off and alienates Jo public. If you look at the drubbing they got on Facebook and Twitter you can see this.

Inconveniencing local people and other boaters will have exactly the same effect. If you do it when it will have little or no impact but that begs the question why bother? Preventing a single dog walker walking along the tow path is not likely to task CRT at all.

And yes unfortunately it does mean doing it each time.untill possibly the offender gets sick of having their boat moved regularly and gets the message.

Edited by The Happy Nomad